E-2C HAWKEYE hasegawa..work in progres

ciao to all...

like u can notics from the picture...i'm not only a bad modeller..but also a very bad photographer...

anyway here we go..

E-2c Hawkeye hasegawa..very nice kit...only bad part is the bad fitting on the underside of the fusolage.....

i decided to build it with folded wings....so i bought the nice wolfpack design resin set....that is quite simple to use...

decals are unfortunately from the kit...and being honest..i guess it would have been way better to paint something..despite using the decals...

unfortunately no aftermarket decals are already available....

the model is of course not complete.....right now only with the first coat of gloss finish...second one will follow..and than ill start weatering...

some stencils are still missing...some antennas...and also the prop plade are not still finished(i didn't use the decals for that)...

sorry again for the pictures....ill promise that when ill finish it..better one will follow...

alex

DSCN3551.jpg

DSCN3553.jpg

DSCN3549.jpg

That´s great modeling, man!! :thumbsup:

Great work with the wings! I agree with you on the belly section...everything else fits fantasticly but that belly section!

Cheers!

aigore..your hawkeye..was an inspiration..i still saved some picture about it on my hd...

yes the belly section...was a big loss of time..filling , engraving panel lines...ecc...

bell430..thanks for the kind words..i hope it will look better at the end..:-)

Alex

Looking great! I haven't thought too much about an e-2c for a future build, but lookin at yours... hmm... im thinking hasegawa and/or the quarter scale kinetic... a bit split between the scales.. =.= Thanks for posting and I'll refer back to this post as well :thumbsup:

David

It's looking good! I'm eager to see more since I just received the "VAW-115 Liberty Bells" boxing.

What's wrong with the decals? I'm aware Hasegawa decals (if made in Japan) are usually quite thick but that's the only problem I've ever had with them.

It's looking good! I'm eager to see more since I just received the "VAW-115 Liberty Bells" boxing.

What's wrong with the decals? I'm aware Hasegawa decals (if made in Japan) are usually quite thick but that's the only problem I've ever had with them.

ciao Janman...

well about the decals....basically..i didn't like so much the squadron...(both the one presenti in my box)..and also they are quite thick....with an heavy film....

i guess that for wxample..the walkways...and the colours on the rudder would have been quite easier to be painted...

forget also to use the decals for the propeller blades...

anyway...i'm lookinf forward to finish it soon..and also to build another one....maybe ill by too the liberty bell box :-)

ciao

Alex

I think FT is going to do sth about the E-2C decals. I suppose lots of micro-sol would need to be used, and some excellent "hiding" techniques if the kit decals is to be used. You could go on with the build etc, and wait and see if Brian releases anything for it. Generally AM decal subjects are 1. high quality, thin stuff, 2. interesting. but I do have to agree the liberty bell subject itself is quite interesting.

David

Hasegawa decals aren't that thick. What makes them seem thick is the layer of glue. You need to use very hot water for these decals. The hot water melts the glue and softens the decals.

Janman - is your Liberty Bells boxing 00953 or 00975? Both are for VAW-115. 00953 has 4 blade props. 00975 has 8-blade props. Sadly, neither has any line bird options.

Alessio - nice looking model.

aigore..your hawkeye..was an inspiration..i still saved some picture about it on my hd...

yes the belly section...was a big loss of time..filling , engraving panel lines...ecc...

Alex

I´m honored, Alex :D

It really is a great kit and like johnsan said: dip the decals in almost steaming hot water and you´ll get better results from Gawa decals. Another hint is to roll over the decals with a cotton swab dipped in water and then heated over a candlelight, sucks them decals right into any details.

Eager to see more!

Cheers!

The options are for the colorful CAG and CO birds.

Okay, got it! No problem for me since I love CAG birds. :D More, if they are from the grey-over-white period. Hopefully the future Fightertown sheet includes something from that "classic" era.

Sorry for the hijack, Alessio!

• 2 weeks later...

so..here we go..

some other picture about my hawkeye...

still some detail is missing(wire...little antennas..ecc)

as u can see i keep being a bad modeller and photographer..at the same time..

later..ill try to do better picture..maybe closer..without shadow...there was also a lot of sicilian sun :-)

i have to find a good article were to lern about taking picture at the models :-)

i like to rapresent the model with the patch of the squadron it belongs...sooner or later i hope ill be able to build a good diorama base rappresenting a carrier...the one i used is from Verlinden

anyway..i tried to do some weatering at the model...and the result...is not so realistic..i mean..if u look at the real picture of the hawkeye..basically..above all in the fusolage there are not so many panel lines visible...so this was my first strike...

i have seen that above all the dirty parts in the real plane are concentrated on the engines...were is possible to see also the panel lines...

anyway....i have another hawkeye in the stash...so the following one..will be better...

i also tried to do some preshading..but i don't know why..after giving to the model a coat of flat...it disappeared....so maybe i have to change the kind of flat coat i use???

please let me know...wich kind of coat do u use :-)

i guess that the best way to do some realistic weathering..would be a kind of postshading....with some darker..or lighter colour....

i used gunze H-325

critiques..and advice are really well accepted..so that in the future ill be able to improve my skills..

at the end..it has been a very funny work....so i'm happy about that model...

little advice....

to avoid to get a tail sitter..i put a lot of lead inside the model..but unfortunately..i had to add more..cuz...the wolfpack resin wings..and the radome..add a lot of weight on the back of the model

sorry again for the pictures..

DSCN3614.jpg

DSCN3613.jpg

DSCN3616.jpg

DSCN3618.jpg

DSCN3608.jpg

DSCN3609.jpg

DSCN3617.jpg

DSCN3615.jpg

ciao to all from Italy..Sicily

allways thanks to ARC

Happy Modelling

Alessio

Absolutely gorgeous...nuttin wrong with your modelling skills! :thumbsup:

Cheers!

thanks Aigore

it has been a funny build...

sure..it wont be my last hawkeye :-)

i love us navy planes....

following one..will be an f-4s phantom in 1/48 scale...(folded wings)...and after an ea-6b prowler...of course folded wings too:-)

ciao

Alex

Don't knock yourself. That came out really nice. Your modelling skills are great and the finish is nice. Your photo skills are ok as well as I like real photos that show it like it is.

Great job!

thanks for the kind words...

well like is said before..i have another hawkeye in the stash...so things can only get better..also with the pictures:-)

next one will be cleaner...of course..allways with folded wings..cuz...i love navy planes in that way....

thanks to wolfpack..they made a great job....

wish i could find a folding wing set for the skywarrior...:-(