'Extra' pylon in Trumpy F-100s

Hunsperts,

On Sprue G is an extra pylon. G has all of the pylons except as far as I can tell the centerline one, 4 'shallow' ones for center and outer wing hardpoints and 4 'deep' ones for the inner pylon - two with 'Y' rails for Sidewinders and two 'basic' ones. Now there is a 'deeper' one - Part G-4, what is that part and G-8?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10097149z5/70/5

This is the sprue layout for the 72nd one - but as far as I can tell the 48th is identical. The bit in question is the upper right corner of the sprue?

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10097149z4/70/4

This is from the 72nd also showing the pylons that are not called out on the 48th kit (which only shows the 'Y' rails). Now here are the alternate pylons for the inner pylons with the TER and what looks like a 'Bullpup' rail - part G-10. Is that what it is?

I cannot find any refs in my D&S or my Walkaround to it.

I'm not sure about part G8, but G4 is definitely the centreline pylon, usually carrying a practice bomb dispenser but primarily used for special weapon carriage. I actually scratch built one of these for my Monogram Hun that I built some years ago. you should be able to find good photos of the pylon in any of the F-100 books that are about. hope this helps. :rofl: :)

I'm not sure about part G8, but G4 is definitely the centreline pylon, usually carrying a practice bomb dispenser but primarily used for special weapon carriage. I actually scratch built one of these for my Monogram Hun that I built some years ago. you should be able to find good photos of the pylon in any of the F-100 books that are about. hope this helps. :rofl: :)

Yep, now that I know what to look for that is it, it even is 'backwards' in that the blunt end is to the front and the 'slanted' end faces aft.

I guess I am used to looking at shallow pylons as the centerline one, not something that deep. G8 is the 'sway braces' for the pylon, page 62 of the D&S book shows it with the practice bomb dispenser and that wierd ECM pod that the kit comes with (ALQ-31).

Since I wasn't looking for the centerline pylon - I didn't see it....

Matt