Viper Vendetta -Every nation operator F-16 GB update 22/7

thanks guys. glad you like it.. still a long long way to go. i've attached the landing gears and doors yesterday and today. should be moving on to detailing the ejection seats next. followed by starting the Turkish tigermeet and italian special tail next week hopefully. slow and steady..

Excellent Job !!!!!!!!!!!

I admire your tenacity and patience. Seeing how you've handpainted those Portugese roundels gives me hope as they would be rather difficult to make on decal paper.

I am almost inspired to do a spin-off of this myself (perhaps with MiG-21s) I say almost as I couldn't find the motivation to build nearly 50 planes!!

I look forward to seeing all of the F-16 in line with each other, that will look awesome!!! :salute:

Unbelievable man! Simply unbelievable! You seem to build models at the speed of sound. :D But hey, just a hint. The Polish and Chilean Vipers have 4 AIFF aerials similiar to the MLU and CCIP Vipers just in front of the cockpits. I don't think it'll be hard to scratchbuild em. But if you don't mind the slight inaccuracy, all is cool!

Keep up the good work chap! Am lookin' forward to see these jets all completed and in all their glory soon! :thumbsup:

Man Oh Man.......that's a nest of Vipers....I admire your patience and persistence..looking forward to seeing them all completed and on display. I may have to allocate a day just to view them all. Keep up the good work they're looking good..especially that hand done Tiger on vert stab.

Wow!...u mad man!! :o

Just a little hint: chilean F-16 doesn´t have CFT´s

Hope u can fix it. If u can live with it, it´s just fine ;)

congrats!

Andrés Fonseca Wilder

yes i figure they didn't have the CFTs after i had glued it on with lots of superglue.. oh wells, looks good for a what if.

Unbelievable man! Simply unbelievable! You seem to build models at the speed of sound. :thumbsup: But hey, just a hint. The Polish and Chilean Vipers have 4 AIFF aerials similiar to the MLU and CCIP Vipers just in front of the cockpits. I don't think it'll be hard to scratchbuild em. But if you don't mind the slight inaccuracy, all is cool!

hey thanks for the reminder. yup i will be scratchbuilding some antenna from spare academy sets.

where are the Greek F-16 ????

The Aegean Vipers ?

built one last year. here it is, the academy 1/72 kit. don't mind the AOA antenna, its stuck on the wrong side of the nose and will be changed..

grkff.jpg

Edited by Tomcat RIO

the 2 seaters from kitech were pirated from hasegawa moulds. unforutnately, the canopy was very mishapened and shallow, thus could not fit shut as it was obstructed by the cockpit hud coaming. thus, i removed and trimmed down the panel.

spinebackcockpit.jpg

putty up the resulting gap, and then sanded it

spinebackcockpit2.jpg

spinebackcockpit3.jpg

and of course. began hand drawing a turkish tiger meet. does the impossible..

first a white basecoat

turtig10.jpg

then orange spots for the orange areas.(duh)

turtig18.jpg

turtig6.jpg

use pencil to outline and draw the tiger's head

turtig2.jpg

using tamiya enamel black, slowly paint the black onto the tail

turtig4.jpg

use pencil again to outline the 'tiger meet 2006' words

turtig19.jpg

slowly painting it in.

turtig16.jpg

Edited by Tomcat RIO

black has been painted finished

turtig5.jpg

repeat on the other side, but here i use a fine tip brush to touch up white areas using citadel water based for translucent look

turtig9.jpg

added yellow eyeballs and cream teeth and pink tongue

turtig11.jpg

dotted in the pupils of the tiger eye

turtig15.jpg

handpainted the 192 Filo using white. and finish off with gloss coat.

turtig17.jpg

turtig3.jpg

the real deal..

93-0678_001_001.jpg

well, as long as i'm sastified i won't complain if it is missing 2 whiskers. but pity about the brush strokes, can see a faint trace despite my best efforts.

mean while, the fuel tanks were painted in stripes too!

white basecoat

turtig8.jpg

yellow sprayed. and paint black stripes.

turtig7.jpg

and seal it in gloss

turtig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

did the ejection seats. added small plastic and epoxy bits to simulate the ejection seat bar, seat struts and green oxygen bottle at the side. did i mention masking tape for the seat belts too?

16ejeseats.jpg

16ejeseats5.jpg

16ejeseats6.jpg

left is original from kitech/hasegawa, right is after modding

16ejeseats3.jpg

16ejeseats4.jpg

now try that with 10 seats, i got 4 more spare to do later.

16ejeseats2.jpg

also more painting done on the italian special.. masked and sprayed gunze silver.

italianadf2.jpg

italianadf3.jpg

italianadf5.jpg

painted the peel back bits with a brush

italianadf9.jpg

X marks the spot, outlined in pencil first

italianadf6.jpg

italianadf4.jpg

also, added the 4 piece IFF antenna to the polish and chilean aircraft, not perfect i know.. scratchbuild from plastic strip

16iff2.jpg

16iff.jpg

Edited by Tomcat RIO
  • 4 weeks later...

drew some pencil lines on the polish cft and spine

f16ff1.jpg

the YF-16 was sprayed from the old academy/hasegawa kit. an epic fail of a kit built sooo long ago.

f16ff13.jpg

f16ff14.jpg

some of them packed in a carton temporarily before mounting stores

f16ff15.jpg

19 Vipers in 72 scale

19728.jpg

19727.jpg

19725.jpg

sexy tail art!

19722.jpg

tiger time!

19724.jpg

who knew, that the YF-16 light fighter, would develop into the oversized fat back and shoulder pad wearing bomb truck?

19723.jpg

I have a question do you by some chance like Vipers!!!!?, or is this a temporary condition :whistle: . Very nice work and your diligence is second to none...not a task I'll be matching....I too admire you willingness to tackle the more complicated marking schemes.. :( :thumbsup::thumbsup: .

• 3 weeks later...

back on the post after 2 weeks break..while i sort out the training missiles, fuel tanks and bombs of the 72 fleet. Let Phase 2 begin!!

48bx.jpg

the first is a italeri single seater A, found beside the rubbish bin downstairs along with the f-15 and ea-6 a few months back.

landing gear bay details are inaccurate

itatwnp15.jpg

cockpit panel was robbed from my pakistani f-16 (also italeri, but which has the canopy painted black)

itatwnp14.jpg

the 1 piece moulded top fuselage makes things easier to do, no fiddly alignment of wings , unlike hasegawa, tamiya and all the other brands.

things to look out for is the whole section behind the cockpit, comes as seperate piece to allow building a 2 seater.

itatwnp13.jpg

intake requires lot of pre-fitting and sanding. and after that still need putty for the seams lines.

itatwnp1.jpg

itatwnp12.jpg

This is followed by the Italeri F-16B/D spine. for a long while the only 2 seater kit in 1/48 apart from hasegawa, and the only source of OOB spines although it was inaccurate.

assembly is similiar to the single seater, with the exception of the cockpit. an extra sprue for the 2nd seater is provided containing seat and panels. these are typical italeri - looks the part but 50% inaccurate

ita48omanp12.jpg

ita48omanp13.jpg

photo of the spine

ita48omanp16.jpg

as i intended to build this as a Block50 Omani, i needed to make it a big mouth intake. in orde to replace the small mouth intake from the box, i robbed the hasegawa sufa of the spare intake and did some modification to graft onto this kit. hereafter this build is known as the "itagawa omani"

1. the hasegawa big mouth comes short ahead of the wheel bay

ita48omanp18.jpg

2. mark out with pencil on the italeri , where to splice and plug the gap.

ita48omanp19.jpg

3. cut!

ita48omanp14.jpg

4. fitted in and reinforced from within

ita48omanp15.jpg

ita48omanp17.jpg

The academy also began with the wheel bay

acad40p1.jpg

a horrendous seam line along the sides.

acad40p12.jpg

acad40p15.jpg

good job on the chines though, the joining seam is hidden under neath the edge, not on the edge like the italeri. this means that any sanding will not affect the shape of the finished kit

acad40p13.jpg

acad40p14.jpg

more seams! the seperate wings was difficult to align and flush despite sanding. so, i went with superglue and powder.

acad40p16.jpg

acad40p17.jpg

the cockpit is smooth surfaced: decals are provided.

48sf16enter7.jpg

after a regular sanding session, a primer/ preshading/ actual painting was carried out.

this is the revell ADF - so little pieces that i didn't bother with the WIP. very little filling is required, and it has raised lines which i partially rescribed. to be built in Jordanian markings, and i call it Jordan ADF

this is the cockpit, worse than academy in sparsity as decals are also provided

48sf16enter10.jpg

48sf16enter11.jpg

the exhuast area however has a big step that requires some putty and sanding

48sf16enter12.jpg

the ADF tail was simple

48sf16enter9.jpg

this is the italeri single seater sprayed, decided to finish in taiwan/republic of China markings. hereafter called ita taiwan.

cockpit was sprayed in grey

48sf16enter13.jpg

the intakes needed a 2nd round of sanding after priming

48sf16enter14.jpg

Itagawa Omani was completely sprayed, since the sky grey was the same colour as it was delivered.

intake has a big botch of unsanded putty!

16negin5.jpg