Viper Vendetta -Every nation operator F-16 GB update 22/7

also used the spare sniper pod from the kit for my polish kit built long ago..

chipol2.jpg

and added pods for chile

chipol4.jpg

chipol3.jpg

also, this might interest some, i talked about the 4 ship line-up on the apron a while back, now i've done it!

tgm4ship2.jpg

tgm4ship4.jpg

tgm4ship3.jpg

also a norwegian

tgm4ship5.jpg

• 3 months later...

hi guys, have not updated you guys, but it is here! this GB is entering it's 3rd year.. and here is the story so far. pictures are taken by a friend on my local modelling forum, where we meet for our quarterly model meet+chit-chat+ fun under the sun sessions..

11 1/48s, and 23 1/72s were present. the other aircraft were done by others..

plamo_2010_YE_01.jpg

plamo_2010_YE_03.jpg

plamo_2010_YE_05.jpg

plamo_2010_YE_06.jpg

plamo_2010_YE_07.jpg

and if you are wondering how i pack those and travel around?

plamo_2010_YE_04.jpg

coming back to build somemore f-16s.. number 25 and 26 1/72nd now. all RSAF birds, these 2 are hasegawa As converted to C 52 s.. one of them is a black knights boxing bought from fellow member(escapes my memory who now..)

DSCN7694.jpg

DSCN7704.jpg

black nights was done in white overall, then the red and dark grey were decals, or mask and sprayed.

the kit decals reacted badly to decal set, but were thin enough to conform to the panel lines. the ones affected was the left tail plane, which after decal dried, i sprayed a large amount of clear, then lightly sanded down and sprayed over it with mist coat of grey.

rsaf16es2.jpg

rsaf16es3.jpg

rsaf16es4.jpg

rsaf16es9.jpg

top spine red chevron plus grey refuelling recpetacle was repainted by hand. this is because the decal accomadated the shorter tail of the A, not the C. hence i trimmed away the excess.

rsaf16es5.jpg

tail pipes and vert tail added.

rsaf16es16.jpg

rsaf16es15.jpg[

for the zotz decal, on the starbd side, the singapore logo for 140 sqn is printed in mirror reverse. to remedy it, i cut off the island from the roundel, flip it over, then white glue it back to the tail.

rsaf16es18.jpgrsaf16es.jpg

rsaf16es17.jpg

some generic airframe shots

rsaf16es6.jpg

rsaf16es7.jpg

pilots and seats, the black suit is going to the black knights, that is their 'special' uniform

rsaf16es8.jpg

the trio of RSAF f-16s almost ready, pardon the messy table, that is how i work

rsaf16es10.jpg

rsaf16es11.jpg

rsaf16es12.jpg

-edit

thank you all of you guys who have helped, commented, offered advice, tricks, encouragement along the way. i think this GB is finally coming to an end soon, i would definitely not be building another small scale f-16 for a long long time.. the final f-16 kit in the stash is a hasegawa 1/48 f-16F UAE, fitting, since its the last mark.

beyond that, its time to tackle my 1/32 f-16D!

Edited by Tomcat RIO

glad you like the black knights.. well finsihed the canopies, added crews and weapons, and apart from some antennaes and touchups, the trio is done

surely i will try to hit the nice round number 30, there are still Diana schemes out there and tiger meets to hand paint, and if india buys f-16IN i will have kits to build. sadly i will not be keeping the singapore trio, going on ebay to rsaf collectors or fans.

vipersg.jpg

vipersg2.jpg

vipersg5.jpg

vipersg4.jpg

vipersg6.jpg

part 10 next. Hasegawa's 1/48 F-16F UAE desert falcon..

• 2 months later...

opened up the 1/48th f-16F box and begin assembling. lots of putty, perhaps my skill is diminshed after too long away from kits.. so many seam lines on a otherwise perfect hase kit.

F-16F review Cybermodeller

the big spine

DSCN0215.jpg

DSCN0216.jpg

nose area

DSCN0217.jpg

intakes

DSCN0218.jpg

DSCN0219.jpg

this is the last 1/48th f-16 in my stash, number unlucky 13. hope nothing unlucky happens.

• 1 month later...

super fast forward on the build. all putty has been sanded down, rescribed etc. (yawnz boring)

then the painting, using tamiya xf-19 and a 60:40 mix of xf-82 ocean grey and xf-19.

blk60painted1.jpg

landing gear bay painted white

blk60painted.jpg

gloss cleared, enamel washed and standby for decals

blk60painted2.jpg

blk60painted3.jpg

blk60painted4.jpg

a mishap happened with the alignment of the wings, they were not level parallel to the ground, esp on the right side. hence i used some epoxy to buff up the right wheel, rather than crank the wing up and destroy the paint job..

16gcomwh.jpg

here you can see it painted over

16fcomp2.jpg

Decals had been applied, and a flat coat given

16fcomp.jpg

16fcomp4.jpg

16fcomp5.jpg

16fcomp6.jpg

the canopy couldn't close properly as the cowhorns on the rear ejction seat are in the way. I just have to make it open. also note the nose tip, there is no apitot tip on the E/F. I just cut it away and sand down the tip to a sharp edge, and save the pitot for the missing one on my italeri 'A'

16fcomp3.jpg

the choice of weapon loadout will be the motherload of 2 harpoon and 2 harms, flanked by aim9s and aim120s. centerline tank will be replace with a alq ecm pod of some kit

16fcomp1.jpg

Also, number 27 1/72 f-16 is also taking shape. Another build it for sale Black knights f-16

DSCN0579.jpg

and the weapons are mounted.. albeit not as i intended. The harms came from the tamiya kit and went back onto the tamiya f-16E which i converted. Along with it a cast piece of the recce pod pylon.

the harpoons go on the F. Leaving 2 inner pylons empty. prob leave as it is, as not enough clearance for other heavy weapons

16ef4.jpg

16ef2.jpg

16ef3.jpg

16ef1.jpg

16ef.jpg

well, so much for the 13th and last 1/48th f-16 in the stash..Pretty uneventful. Now lets get back to that pesky black knight one shall we?

very nice job!!only bad thing is that the e's and f's have 3 AOA's, hasegawaa gives you none.

well let me know what these 3 AOA look like? angle of attack pitots you mean? I could scratchbuild them while waiting for paint or decals to dry off.. :)

• 8 months later...

hi guys, have not updated you guys, but it is here! this GB is entering it's 3rd year.. and here is the story so far. pictures are taken by a friend on my local modelling forum, where we meet for our quarterly model meet+chit-chat+ fun under the sun sessions..

11 1/48s, and 23 1/72s were present. the other aircraft were done by others..

and if you are wondering how i pack those and travel around?

plamo_2010_YE_04.jpg

OMG! :woot.gif: a vipers NEST! They're might breed hahaha

• 2 years later...