How to Build a Model Airplane- PDF

The step-by-step (sort of), guide. This documents a P47-D build.

This is an edited and updated version of the article published on ARC, but with more photo's and the photo's spread out through the article.

When you go to download the PDF it will ask you for a password; enter ... 151555

Most importantly... DO NOT CLICK on the big "DOWNLOAD

Go right to the bottom of the page where it says "Save file to your PC: Download" , click on "Download".

http://www.2shared.com/file/8704001/fd67e6...er-P47PDF1.html

Larry

Edited by Miccara
I have sent a copy of the PDF version of "P47-D, For the fun of it" build to Steve B. and he will be attaching it to the original article for download.

I actually re-wrote it a little and inserted the photos throughout the article instead of all at the end. For those of you that have asked me for a copy of the article and can't wait for it to appear here… you can download it here:

http://www.2shared.com/file/8704001/fd67e639/Master-P47PDF1.html'>http://www.2shared.com/file/8704001/fd67e639/Master-P47PDF1.html

Download Password is 151555

Larry

I tried cutting and pasting your above address but it didn't work for me, try this instead:

http://www.2shared.com/file/8704001/fd67e639/

Thanks Larry- great article!

Can't download it no matter what I try...

-Al

Hi Al,

Sorry, you and a couple others have had a problem with this. I've tried several browsers and can't get it to NOT work!

If you have an email account that can take a 12meg message, I will gladly email you a copy.

Larry

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Larry,

just downloaded... I followed your great report on ARC site and your PDF version is even better.

Thanks a lot, V from Rome - Italy

My pleasure!

...and thank you very much for the compliment!

:clif:

Edited by Miccara
  • 4 weeks later...
This website sucks. Gives me errors on the page every time I try to download it. I loved your guide man but I cannot get this to work!!!

My computer is about 5 months old too and with all updates and everything. GRRRRRR

Yes, I agree it sucks! I'm looking for another option. In the meantime, make sure you're clicking on the "Click Here" phrase not the "Save File"

• 4 weeks later...

After reading that article, I just had to register on the forum to say that it was a joy to read! :cheers: It reads like a good book and you have a great tounge-in-cheek sense of humor. Made me laugh out loud :lol:

You obviously is an experienced builder and it shows, everything looks so easy and "classy". I have been building for a bit over a year now, after a healthy break of 18 years... :tumble:

I love the tip about masking and painting the canopy, the depth of masking the inside really justifies the extra work. Also the technique of masking behind the cockpit cutting out a mask from the canopy was a godsend. I have a 1/32 scale F-16 to build and the cockpit back part is similar to this, now I have a nice technique to use for painting that section.

Great stuff and thanks for making it available for download! :cheers:

//Marcus

Edited by MarcusW
After reading that article, I just had to register on the forum to say that it was a joy to read! :unsure: It reads like a good book and you have a great tounge-in-cheek sense of humor. Made me laugh out loud :lol:

You obviously is an experienced builder and it shows, everything looks so easy and "classy". I have been building for a bit over a year now, after a healthy break of 18 years... :cheers:

I love the tip about masking and painting the canopy, the depth of masking the inside really justifies the extra work. Also the technique of masking behind the cockpit cutting out a mask from the canopy was a godsend. I have a 1/32 scale F-16 to build and the cockpit back part is similar to this, now I have a nice technique to use for painting that section.

Great stuff and thanks for making it available for download! :cheers:

//Marcus

Thanks for the great comments Marcus. I tried to make it as amusing as I could. You'll find ARC to be a great source of help and information. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Larry,

Just found your artical and WOW... stunning jug you did for it... I've never tried the foil tech before, but reading your artical and seeing it done.... I'm game to give it a shot now... I mostly do armor stuff an figures few AC now an then... but nothing like what you put out.

Outstanding job... I hope you do more articals like this one.

V/R

Chris aka Rattler

Larry,

Just found your artical and WOW... stunning jug you did for it... I've never tried the foil tech before, but reading your artical and seeing it done.... I'm game to give it a shot now... I mostly do armor stuff an figures few AC now an then... but nothing like what you put out.

Outstanding job... I hope you do more articals like this one.

V/R

Chris aka Rattler

Thanks Rattler! All kidding aside... foiling is easier than painting, once you get past the fear factor. Give it a shot. There is an article in the Gallery section (link below), that I wrote about the first foil job I did. It might help a bit and I've learned a few extra things since then, but still it covers a few things. Let me know how it turns out!

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5...9_Shred/00.shtm

Wow! Thanks for this great tutorial! I especially like the painting aspect... I bought a airbrush a few years ago, but never got into using it. I am 75% done building a desktop paint booth, and have a model nearly ready to paint, your tutorial has taken alot of the questions out of the process (though I am sure I will screw lots up in the learning experience).

Again, thanks!

Wow! Thanks for this great tutorial! I especially like the painting aspect... I bought a airbrush a few years ago, but never got into using it. I am 75% done building a desktop paint booth, and have a model nearly ready to paint, your tutorial has taken alot of the questions out of the process (though I am sure I will screw lots up in the learning experience).

Again, thanks!

My pleasure!

Let me know how the airbrushing experience works out.

• 1 month later...

Managed to download it off the original site you posted it onto, Larry. Looks great. I'm going to take some time and read it. It'll give me inspiration to crack open one of my kits and start working on it.

Addendum: Read the article. Absolutely terrific, gets right into the nitty gritty of the basics of building. Thanks for taking the time to write that.

Edited by The_Animal