B-25J Mitchell in Russian markings

Greetings to all,

This B-25J immediately took my attention and had to depict it. Monogram kit, rescribed, riveted, eduard PE in some places, pitot made by two aluminium tubes, engine static discargers by aluminium tubes, drilled exhausts, quickboost gun barrels, true details wheels, painted on marking with selfmade masks.... and thats all I think. Enjoy!

Picture-001-3.jpg

Picture-010-2.jpg

Picture-008-1.jpg

Picture-013-1.jpg

Picture-015-1.jpg

Picture-020-2.jpg

Wow... just wow. Love the weathering - but I need to look at this from home on a better monitor.

One thing is to know that the Monogram kit can be brought on a par with the AM one, one thing is to see the finished product! I did rescribe the one I built, but it's nowhere so neat.

Did you do any special detail, other than the fantabulous finish?

Hey Bone, yes as I said in my first post, I rescribed the model and riveted it. Old monogram kits are so beautifull and well shaped, that this procedure was more like a fun moment during the build, rather than a PITA. Also drilled the exhausts to make them look more realistic and added some static discargers from aluminum tubes. Also the landing lights where made by clear plastic rod and painted silver. Then added the kit part which at the end turned more realistic. Everything else was aftermarket upgrades.

Edited by Brutalos

Thank you all! Joerg as much as I would like to participate this is not possible this year. Besides that, this model isn't detailed enough to the level that it could compete other models with opened engines etc. Maybe next year with something more.... worked arround! :rolleyes:

Beautiful work. Simply beautiful. How you can take the old Monogram kit, and turn it not only into a stunning bird, but she's wearing some unique markings as well - that you made! Can't stop looking at how crisp and clean the work is. Your attention to detail here is just as nice as how clear and clean those canopies and clear pieces came out - they look paper thin.

Thanks for sharing!

Mark

Thank you all! Joerg as much as I would like to participate this is not possible this year. Besides that, this model isn't detailed enough to the level that it could compete other models with opened engines etc. Maybe next year with something more.... worked arround! :monkeydance:

Andreas,

too bad you cannot make it this year. Anyways, next time you come to Telford, make sure you bring this beauty along and put it in the competition.

In my opinion open panels are very much overrated. A little bit is OK, but mostly it is grossly overdone - to the point, when it destroys the lines of the plane. A prime example is a F-104 Starfighter with an open radar - it looks just dead ugly! Also I see a lot of models these days with lots of detail work, but they don´t get the basics right.

I am quite sure from the pics that with a clean build and beautiful finish as on your Mitchell you´d most certainly win a prize in the competition.

Cheers,

Joerg