New GSI Airbrush "micron"

any proof that these GSI 'micron" are equal to the Iwata CM or olympos SP-C?

I own both CM-C plus and HP-CH and there 's a fine difference, probably due to the accuracy of atomization, the lines out of CM-C are much cleaner with the same paint mixtures.

I suppose this is due to the matched head assembly, better calibrated, and maybe its needle is better grounded.

The CM-C plus doesn't share needle with HP-CH even-though they looked alike, different pulls.

I don't own the the GSI Micron, but I do own a CM-C+ and a "Mojo". For fine lines they are equal, but for atomization the Mojo is far superior IMHO. Have you thought of converting the CH into a 0.20mm? I have the C+ and managed to convert it to a 0.20mm. Works like a B+ with a larger cup.

I have the PS-270, bought this when it first came out, and truth be told, it was not that good. Requires quite a bit of cleaning and the adjustment for air was annoying to re-dial in after every cleaning (even more so than the CM-C). It's cheap, but spare parts are also difficult to get around this part of the world, even more difficult than olympos.
That's true. You may want to try Rainbow Ten in Japan. I believe they carry replacement parts for GSI brushes. Btw, it wouldn't surprise me if Iwata parts fit your PS-270, because most Japanese brushes share the same components.

Just my 2 cents

I don't own the the GSI Micron, but I do own a CM-C+ and a "Mojo". For fine lines they are equal, but for atomization the Mojo is far superior IMHO. Have you thought of converting the CH into a 0.20mm? I have the C+ and managed to convert it to a 0.20mm. Works like a B+ with a larger cup.

Heard a lot of good things about the Mojo. The choice wasn't there when I bought the CM-C+, if it was I'd probably have gone that route too.

How's their customer services? Is it difficult to replace parts or sending the AB in for repair / recalibration?

I heard rumors that paint flow isn't quite as nice if you used the optional/smaller nozzle setup on the iwatas, did you have this issue with your conversion?

Heard a lot of good things about the Mojo.
I thought it was a bunch of hype at first, but the brush is that GOOD! The paint response was so instantaneous that I almost jumped out of my seat. The strange thing about it is that you don't have to thin your paint as much as you would with the Micron but it will still atomize the paint better than Micron. The Micron doesn't take to that very well.
How's their customer services? Is it difficult to replace parts or sending the AB in for repair / recalibration?
I haven't had any problems with my Mojo so I don't know, but I did get my brush within a week of purchase. Replacements are cheaper than Micron parts and easier to get than the GSI stuff. Rainbow Ten quoted me 2-4 weeks to for GSI parts.
I heard rumors that paint flow isn't quite as nice if you used the optional/smaller nozzle setup on the iwatas, did you have this issue with your conversion?
No problems here, but I did polish the crap out of the needle.
  • 6 years later...

I have just pulled the trigger recently on this and tried for the 1st time today. I am blown away!!! I have been using iwata HP-CH and really liked it a lot but the marbling effect I can get out of it was not that great (my fault, I know). That is why I wanted to give this one a go since it is supposed to be "iwata micron level". 

Now, I do not have micron or tried one ever but this PS-770 airbrush is definitely much better airbrush in my hands than the HP-CH has been. I am in love. :) It has a much finer and smoother spray.