1/35 Bell 412 EMS

This is my second attempt to convert the Panda 1/35 UH-1N into a Bell 412 in a civil EMS/Law Enforcement livery. Since my first attempt I have re-thought how to do a few things and improved a few of my skills building a 1/48 B-25 (I'll post a few pictures of it also). I also pick up tons of tips and inspiration daily on this forum. Hope you enjoy.

To start I enlarged a diagram from the Bell Product Data book for referance. I know the nose is incorrect, but I have choose to leave it alone. The correction is out of my league. The rest of the fuselage and tailboom are pretty close.

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3329.jpg

I separeted the tailboom from the fuselage and cut out a new floor. As you can see I extended the sides out the doors. My hope is that it will be easier to glue the floor to the bottom edges of the door seal and fill the gap from the outside. This was the first major change from my first build.

IMG_3320.jpg

IMG_3321.jpg

Next I started working on the center console, pilot seats and collectives. This was my first attmept at vacuum forming. My forming box needs a little work, but I was pleased with the outcome.

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3325.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg

That's all I have for now. Thanks for looking.

Regards,

Todd

Just a question: where did you find these drawing?

Years ago I found a copy of the Product Data Manual on ebay. Now Bell Helicopter has the same thing available for download on thier website. www.bellhelicopter.com

Thanks for the kind words.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow.......................Todd, great to see you get into this.

A man after my own heart with all that detail work.

I nearly missed this, that will teach me to broaden my horizons and not just 'hover' around the Helio section.

Just beautiful

Cheers

Anthony

Wow.......................Todd, great to see you get into this.

A man after my own heart with all that detail work.

I nearly missed this, that will teach me to broaden my horizons and not just 'hover' around the Helio section.

Just beautiful

Cheers

Anthony

Thanks Anthony. Actually it was your BK 117 and Oliver's UH-1 build that inspired me to give this build another try. Posted it over here because I felt it wasn't worthy to be among the big dog builds in the Helo section! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Small update. Working on getting the patient compartment laid out. Have the bases for the three medical/observer seats and the two patient litters built. Hope to get the seats and litters finished up this weekend.

IMG_3595.jpg

IMG_3594.jpg

Edited by Tgoetz

This man is oozing talent. I am very impressed.

Thats one build I am going to watch really close.

I just read all the posts again. Its nice to hear that our work inspire other modelers.

Please post more photos.

OLiver

Edited by shark 64

Todd,

What an incredible build! I have wanted to do a 412 for a long time. Actually started to do one with a Revell 1/32 Huey kit many years ago without much success. Now, my local state police fly one that is based about five miles from where I live. I have a Panda 1/35 in my stash, so I will be following your build with great interest. Everything looks great so far. I will have to look at the pages that I have copied from the Bell website. Any idea of what percentage you enlarged the drawings to get the correct size? Look forward to future updates!

David

Hey Todd,

Impressive work you are undertaking. I can't wait till you finish! It'll be worth the wait.

I have too many projects on the bench right now and I'm bouncing from one to the other. Can't seem to focus on just one. LOL!

I have more updates to post but here's some of the stuff going on. I do have more to post on my 430 but just haven't been able to get around to doing it.

My Builds In Progress.

Cheers

John

By the way Dave. (Hookandladder)

Take the length of your model (fuslage) and divide it by your drawing length (fuslage) to get the scale factor to enlarge your image.

This is my second attempt to convert the Panda 1/35 UH-1N into a Bell 412 in a civil EMS/Law Enforcement livery. ...................Todd

Hi Todd, I'm trying to do the same thing in 1/48 scale for an Italian Coast Guard Ab 412 and this is my result for now.

I follow your build with interest.

Sebastiano

GC_CT002.jpg

AB4121.jpg

AB4123.jpg

AB4126.jpg

Edited by s_tringa
  • 1 year later...

Hey Todd,

Hows the 412 coming along? I see you guys have some nice detailed drawings to work with on your 412. Any new photos?

Sebastiano,

I love your technique for making the dog house. Very nice!

I sure which I could get some detailed drawings of the S-76 to scratch build one.

Cheers

John

Edited by AirMedical

Hello John!

I put the 412 on the back shelf while I built a B-25 for a good friend. That turned into a Cessna 172 float build for another friend...not to mention famiy life is keeping me from the work bench a lot lately. I'm hoping to finish up on the distractions so I can get back to work on it.

I just read that Surival Flight in Michigan are getting the first EMS EC-155's in the US. That would be a sweet build!

Take care,

Todd