I'll attempt to jump in with the following 1/72 scale possibilities........

1) Italeri/ESCI A-7D, Ohio ANG OOB

2) Academy F-8E of VMF-333 "Shamrocks" OOB

3) HobbyBoss A-7E, unit to be determined later, mostly OOB

I say "attempt" because I actually hope to finish at least one of these before the finish line. :sunrevolves:

I've got about a bakers dozen of the Monogram F-8 kits in the stash, some of which have been siting there for over a decade.

F8_stash1.jpg

I don't want to dillute the spirit of the group build, but I'll only be home for two weeks, so time is critical for me. That being said, I'll be using some parts that have already been worked on to get one, possibly two finished.

I've got every F-8 sheet that Aeromaster produced, and I'm partial to the VF-24 F-4J CAG bird with the red/black swirl on the radome. If I get to the second one, a VF-13 F-8E.

If I had a lot more time on my hands, then I would build an RF-8G from VFP-206, using the C&H Aero Miniatures resin kit. That kits no longer n production (I've asked the C&H owners why in an e-mail I sent yesterday), so I don't want to rush building it, since I only have two sets. I wrote the kit preview here on ARC way back in 2000. I've taken some better pics of it this past June:

S7304826.jpg

S7304831.jpg

I've got more pics showing the kit on my P-bucket account, & I'll add some more when I get home in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've never done a group build so this will be my first.

I'm in with an 1/32 Trumpeter F-8E converted into an F-8C from VF-84.

And what do I have:

• Fisher F-8C conversion
  • Aires F-8E cockpit
  • Aires wheel wells
  • Aires exhaust
  • Zotz VF-84 decals

Can't wait to finish it :lol:

Greetz

Rick

Ok...a little late to the party but i'll play....

I'm in with a 1/48 Hasegawa A-7D...will be a almost OOB build....so i don't get bogged down

Scheme/Unit TBA..... depends what aftermarket decals i can find as i stupidly traded away all my Corsair sheet!!

May also do a Hobby Boss 1/48 A-7D too once the kit hits the UK...deadline permiting

80344box.jpg

Wow Ish thats quite a collection of kits and conversions you have there, I will have to photograph my stash.

I have 3 of the C&H Conversions for the RF-8, the decals from them; the decals from the old war eagle conversiona nd the albatross decals as well.

I also have a maintrack conversion for the RF-8, that thing is solid resin and very heavy unlike the C&H ones which are hollow.

In addition I have 4 of the Cobra company backdate sets. I intend to do a couple of VF-84 F-8C's and at least one USMC F-8K

So many models so little time!

Julien

Sorry fellas, the gods of time management were not on my side again, & I won't be back home again till after the GB is over.

This job pays well, but at the expense of putting everything else in life on hold, & I just don't mean model building.

I'll still be following the builds though.

Ish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Joining REALLY late... Been lurking for a while, and saw the Trumpy 1/32 A-7D at a reduced price on Sprue Brothers, so I went for it... This will be my first group build, so don't be too hard on the newby!

I'll be adding:

1. Aires electronics bay

2. Aires cockpit

3. Zacto lips and intake

Not sure about the paint yet, but I'm leaning towards the late-80's Euro One wraparound. That is, if I can find appropriate decals. Any suggestions?

Thanks for letting me join and I'll post pics shortly!

Warner

Just noticed this group build.

As it is already up and running, I'll jump in with a Hobbyboss 1/72nd A7K OOB except for the decals. The scheme is for one of the two A-7Ks (73-1008) used by the 4450th TFG out of Tenopah for training and test duties for the F-117As prior to there becoming public.

I'll post some pictures in the next couple of days. This kit was started just before Christmas for my local model club annual comp next May. It is par of a comp where eveyone builds whatever variant of the 1/72nd Hobbyboss A-7 that takes their fancy. The rules are it has to be built out of the box except for the decals which can be from any source you like. Mine are a mixture of a Superscale set for an A-7D of the 4450th and the it decals for the serial and stencil markings. :beer4:

Cheers

Phil Hastie

Canberra Australia

Edited by Draggie748

hello friends, i want join on this gb, i had a A-7B corsair of Hobbyboss on 1/48 scale, and a want made a OOB build, on colors of VA-87 in the 70's. so, i could starting build here on GB??

this ill be my first GB here on ARC

Cheers