TBM-1C Avenger 1/48 Italeri kit

Hi all,

I would like to share something from my work finished a few months ago...It's TBM-1C called "Len Sharon" which operates from USS Block Island in Atlantic theatre on anti-submarine missions.Any comments welcome :thumbsup:

Kit: Italeri 1/48

Aftermarket: Eduard zoom etched parts,Quickboost exhaust pipes

Paint: Gunze Sangio "C"

DSCF1988.jpg

DSCF1994.jpg

DSCF1940.jpg

DSCF1910.jpg

DSCF1907.jpg

DSCF1955.jpg

DSCF1895.jpg

DSCF1967.jpg

DSCF1976.jpg

David: Thanks,I'm glad you like it :o

The engine is from the kit with some wiring and pipes added (made of common copper wires)...I have just tried to get the best of what was "in box"

Yes,interior is shaded as well.My idea was to make this plane as real as possible and by the way,I just like to play with airbrush so why not spend some extra hours on it :thumbsup:

David: To be honest,this kit is so nice out of the box that the only aftermarket parts worth of your money are PE parts for the inside and QB exhausts as the original ones looks a bit simple.You may also think about PE landing flaps but no more extra parts are needed really.

CorsairMan: Postshade has been made mostly by airbrush in numerous layers gently sanded down to get weathered look.The rest as like panel lines and some subtle effect of oil stain and dirt were made with MIG Abteilung oil colors.I have used these as wash and filters to improve shading.