Hasegawa 1/72 F-4J Phantom II

The horizontal stabs are now permanently glued. This is the second time I've glued them but I decided to remove the tails in order to do some further work on them. Another thing I added is the cap of the drag chute container. Fully open, as can be seen.

Still missing are some minor PE details, including all the blade antennas and small probes.

DSC_0701.jpg

DSC_0702.jpg

(The double zeros on the rudder seem to need some fixing.)

Edited by janman
Geez...!!! Jan, ya're the man! :thumbsup:

Lookin' incredible for a 1/72 scale Phantom. One just wonders whut ya'd have done on a 1/48 scale kit! Why, Jan; why...???!!! :shoot:

Why should I? :woo: I mean you can detail a 1/72 model almost as accurately as a 1/48 one, you'll get them cheaper and they take less of your precious shelf space. If I really wanna do some super duper detailing, I'll get a true big scaler, a 1/32 scale kit.

I'm glad you like my model!

Myself, i got caught up in the dilemma of whether to put the undercarriage or the ordnance on first.

Send me your email address, and i will email you pictures of mine.

I have a Marine F-4B in almost exactly the same phase of construction, and i put it aside because at this point the model becomes downright fiddly to work on.

A jig might help - this time made from Duplo Legos!

DSC_0710.jpg

Edited by janman
:bandhead2::cheers: ;) :P you are the best my friend.great work.a real pleasure to watch and learn from your builds.

Thank you, Dragan! I'm glad if someone can learn at least something from my builds. I still think there are much better modelers here on ARC than me. I'm just a learner. :)

Great job, great skills with paintbrush!!!

Thank you, Mario!

I got a bit worried that you already finished this F-4 and that I accidently missed it in the Display Case/Critique Corner... I see I've been lucky and can still watch the last finishing steps of this beautiful build. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...