Hello!

Here is my next project.It's brand new YF-19 1:48 from Hasegawa.I'll place it on a diorama-airfield during hypothetical airshow.YF-19 will be with it's pilot in cockpit.Near taxiing YF-19 I'll place two resting pilots (from Academy F-86), the one with the cigarette will be waveing to pilot of YF-19.Actually I almost finished cockpit and seat and had begun to paint pilot (his suit looks like green but I swear it is blue as in the film):

PB020036.jpg

PB020037.jpg

PB020038.jpg

Here are photo of resting pilots:

PB020041.jpg

Edited by artoor_k

Nice work so far ...

This I'll be following.

How does Hase deal with the surround-display cockpit? (the floor and sides of the tub reflecting whats below and around the aircraft when power's on?)

Smoke and Mirrors ... :thumbsup:

Gregg

How does Hase deal with the surround-display cockpit? (the floor and sides of the tub reflecting whats below and around the aircraft when power's on?)

If the cockpit's reflecting, wouldn't it be showing the pilot's feet, legs and sky directly above?

Mirrors looking back over the shoulder make sense, but I'm not sure what purpose mirrors on the cockpit floor serves except an attempt to look up the dresses of those underage anime girls...

ChrisHanson.png

If the cockpit's reflecting, wouldn't it be showing the pilot's feet, legs and sky directly above?

Mirrors looking back over the shoulder make sense, but I'm not sure what purpose mirrors on the cockpit floor serves except an attempt to look up the dresses of those underage anime girls...

Reflecting as in relaying. Basically, its like the XFA-27 from Ace 2/X or the 5/0's FALKEN with a glass canopy; the pilot sits above the cockpit tub on an elevated ejection seat with the tub comprised of flatscreen displays linked to cameras on the aircraft's underside to allow a much greater field of view as well as extend the scope of the HUD. A 'bridge' replaces the forward IP with critical instruments and maximizing view of the floors.

And about your cute little witty statment; Get yo mind owt o' da gudder boi!

Edited by sv51macross

As it is said in MACROSS MECHA MANUAL-Rather than reinvent a control system for variable fighter craft, Shinsei opted to use a conventional control cockpit with an innovative wrap-around imaging monitor system. This new imaging system covered opaque sections of the cockpit interior, recreating a perfect window-like view of the surrounding environment and granting the pilot superior situational awareness.

Hello!

No update today because but I have a question.What do you think about JOLLY ROGER markings ?:) I have a plan to add skulls on vertical fins and paint my YF-19 on Humbrol 28 (the same as VF-0S). What's your opinion?

Hello!

No update today because but I have a question.What do you think about JOLLY ROGER markings ?:taunt: I have a plan to add skulls on vertical fins and paint my YF-19 on Humbrol 28 (the same as VF-0S). What's your opinion?

Pretty hard for an aircraft to not look good with black/yellow tails and the skull-and-crossbones. Go for it!

Also, the customized figures look really nice. that one guy looks like he's drinking from a 2L bottle though. :)

Pretty hard for an aircraft to not look good with black/yellow tails and the skull-and-crossbones. Go for it!

Also, the customized figures look really nice. that one guy looks like he's drinking from a 2L bottle though. :)

I don't have smaller bottle looking like mineral water :0 I have two more bottles but one of them looks like wine and other like vodka :taunt:

No update today because but I have a question.What do you think about JOLLY ROGER markings ?:jaw-dropping: I have a plan to add skulls on vertical fins and paint my YF-19 on Humbrol 28 (the same as VF-0S). What's your opinion?

Jolly Rogers have been overdone. Not saying it'll look bad, but how many times have we seen VF-1 kits built in those markings?

macross_yf-19a.jpg

macross_yf-19c.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

mgjune02page20.jpg

mgjune02page16.jpg

no02v-mg-page1.jpg

mgjune02page17.jpg

no02v-mg-page2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Jolly Rogers have been overdone. Not saying it'll look bad, but how many times have we seen VF-1 kits built in those markings?

Thats because the VF-1 is supposed to have those markings. Its what comes in the hasegawa boxes and what is used in the 1984 film.

However JR YF-19s have been done and honestly they dont look that great.

Hello!

I painted armanent and engine bay white and gunmetal.Then a acryl black wash was added:

PB130002.jpg

PB130003.jpg

PB130004.jpg

PB130005.jpg

Now preshading is finished (sorry for no photos).It isn't black but grey H64 because after VF-0S I don't like such a strong effect of black preshading.

The Tigermeet idea sounds good but I don't know if I'll be able to paint it good enough...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...