Aftermarket AIM-120's

I use academy F-15K and updated F-15E as aim-120 source. Much better than voyager and rather cheap.

Kinetic's F-16s have no less than 8 AIM-120 (4xB, 4xC), RoG's Eurofighter also has 4 Meteors and 4 AIM-120B. Both are very well moulded and come with decals.

sprue C from the Tamiya Viper has one, so you can order two of the sprues from Tamiya USA if you live in U.S. By doing this, you'll get two really nice AIM-120, two really nice AIM-9M/L, and two really nice AIM-9X. Part no. is 0006501, or try 0006500 if the first one is not in stock. The difference is that 6500 also includes the small sprue D which has a seat, I think. This is my first choice in AMRAAMs.

Mike Todd

Kinetic's F-16s have no less than 8 AIM-120 (4xB, 4xC), RoG's Eurofighter also has 4 Meteors and 4 AIM-120B. Both are very well moulded and come with decals.

I do not like kinetic amraams, the fins of the missile are >1.5mm thick :huh:

Edited by ltom74
I do not like kinetic amraams, the fins of the missile are >1.5mm thick :huh:

The Academy Slammers have very nice, thin molding on the fins. Not to the standard of whatever resin/photo-etch you originally asked for, but the OIF Academy Strike Eagle comes with two Bravo and four Charlie (but only stencil data for two each).

@caiotfjr, the Slammers in the RoG Eurofighter only have fins on three sides, as they're designed to fir in the recesses on the underside, can't use them with rails.

If the RoG AMRAAMs are anything like their other Revell molds, they are not the way to go anyway. Panel lines don't match the real deal. The recent Academy offerings (F-22, updated F-15E, F-15K) have great AMRAAMS.

sprue C from the Tamiya Viper has one, so you can order two of the sprues from Tamiya USA if you live in U.S. By doing this, you'll get two really nice AIM-120, two really nice AIM-9M/L, and two really nice AIM-9X. Part no. is 0006501, or try 0006500 if the first one is not in stock. The difference is that 6500 also includes the small sprue D which has a seat, I think. This is my first choice in AMRAAMs.

Mike Todd

They all got numerous ejector pin marks on them and slammer rears are plain, so not a really good advice. :)

Edited by shion
@caiotfjr, the Slammers in the RoG Eurofighter only have fins on three sides, as they're designed to fir in the recesses on the underside, can't use them with rails.

Didn't notice that. My kit is still in the box.

If the RoG AMRAAMs are anything like their other Revell molds, they are not the way to go anyway. Panel lines don't match the real deal. The recent Academy offerings (F-22, updated F-15E, F-15K) have great AMRAAMS.

I think your statement opens a can of worms that I was trying to keep shut.

RoG designed kits (new Lanc, F-22, Mosquito, Eurofighter, Rafale, Ju-88) are as nice and detailed as any Tamigawa kit, and go together as easily.

However, recent Revell USA designed kits (F-14 B, weapons sprue for the Mudheen, Rhino) are not in the same league as the competition.