Hard-edged; a friend of mine went to work for Hawker, post-war, just as the Hunter was being produced. He found them using the same rubber mats as those used during the war, in fact the members of the paintshop told him that they'd employed exactly the same system on the Hurricane. "But," they said, "We didn't have him, at the end. Didn't have time for that, then." "Him at the end" was a man, long past retirement age, who was using car polish to remove any overspray, so that the demarcation, everywhere, was a hard line. Can't help with the Tamiya paints, though; never used them. Humbrol colours are 163, 164, and 166, but Humbrol don't give any Tamiya equivalents for them.

Edgar

Hard-edged; a friend of mine went to work for Hawker, post-war, just as the Hunter was being produced. He found them using the same rubber mats as those used during the war, in fact the members of the paintshop told him that they'd employed exactly the same system on the Hurricane. "But," they said, "We didn't have him, at the end. Didn't have time for that, then." "Him at the end" was a man, long past retirement age, who was using car polish to remove any overspray, so that the demarcation, everywhere, was a hard line. Can't help with the Tamiya paints, though; never used them. Humbrol colours are 163, 164, and 166, but Humbrol don't give any Tamiya equivalents for them.

Edgar

I worked at 5MU RAF Kemble in the sprayshop and we used masking tape to get the demarcation line between upper and lower colours. The top camouflage was done using measurements from drawings we had in the shop. The grey and green were then cut in using a spraygun filled with each of the colours. When dry we used a cutting compound to clean up any overspray.

Owen

Edited by owen