strike eagle bunker buster bomb in 1/48 scale.......

what would i have to do to scratch build one of these using parts from hasegawa's guided bomb kit? i'm not good at trying to convert the actual measurements to 1/48 but i'm sure one of you guys out there could help me with the how-to's about it. i can just about figure that i'm gonna have to cut and add somethings but what i need to know is just how much to cut and add in inches or millimeters. any help that i can get is and always will be invaluable to me. vindicator one

Okay, first off you need a GBU-24 and a GBU-10. Lengthen the GBU-24 by cutting and splicing a 7.1cm-long, 8mm OD tube. Then cut off the rear fin section (just fore of the fins) and glue on the fin section of the GBU-10. Leave off the GBU-24's hardpoint saddle and you have a 28.

Edited by sv51macross
Okay, first off you need a GBU-24 and a GBU-10. Lengthen the GBU-24 by cutting and splicing a 7.1cm-long, 8mm OD tube. Then cut off the rear fin section (just fore of the fins) and glue on the fin section of the GBU-10. Leave off the GBU-24's hardpoint saddle and you have a 28.

Well, almost. A GBU-27 from an F-117 kit is a better starting point. It has the correct clipped canards and the GBU-10 like tail kit. All that's needed is to splice in the cylindrical center section to make the overall length of the bomb 229.3 inches (4.78 in in 1/48th scale). Lug spacing is 30 inches with the front lug 2.27 in. from the nose for a F-15E or 2.48 in for an F-111.

Well, almost. A GBU-27 from an F-117 kit is a better starting point. It has the correct clipped canards and the GBU-10 like tail kit. All that's needed is to splice in the cylindrical center section to make the overall length of the bomb 229.3 inches (4.78 in in 1/48th scale). Lug spacing is 30 inches with the front lug 2.27 in. from the nose for a F-15E or 2.48 in for an F-111.

The 28 has clipped canards too? I'm looking at the photos on wikipedia and the GBU-28 looks like a plain-Jane Paveway-III guidance unit.

okay thanks, but i can't determine exactly where 4.78 is on my ruler. no jokes guys. are these specs from tip to tip?

Or about 120 mm if you use 4.75" times 25.4mm to the inch

Take a look at the Hobbyboss sprue shots on IPMS Phillipines and there is a Deep Throat on those sprues. If the pic link doen't work it is pic 5/16 and the GBU-28 is at the top of the sprue, above the Popeye and GBU-15

http://ipmsphilippines.com/?p=3616

Or about 120 mm if you use 4.75" times 25.4mm to the inch

Take a look at the Hobbyboss sprue shots on IPMS Phillipines and there is a Deep Throat on those sprues. If the pic link doen't work it is pic 5/16 and the GBU-28 is at the top of the sprue, above the Popeye and GBU-15

http://ipmsphilippines.com/?p=3616

That Aardfart kit just became worth $100 IMO.

...or you could wait, as there's a resin Bunker Buster due from TwoMikes *very* soon.

SOLD!!!

The 28 has clipped canards too? I'm looking at the photos on wikipedia and the GBU-28 looks like a plain-Jane Paveway-III guidance unit.

And yes, it does have the GBU-27 fins...I think I've told you that before.