1/48 IAF Kfir C7 - Shalhevet

G'day all,

Here's is my latest model. It's the old Esci/Italeri kit (heavily modified). I'm also pleased to announce that it will appear in a future issue of Model Airplane International (MAI). Hope you like it? :thumbsup:

Edited: For pic size

Kfir_1a-1.jpg

Edited by Cyrus Tan
G'day all,

Here's is my latest model. It's the old Esci/Italeri kit (heavily modified). I'm also pleased to announce that it will appear in a future issue of Model Airplane International (MAI). Hope you like it :salute:

Kfir_1a.jpg

Wow, beautiful finish! I suppose this is the ESCI Mirage, not the ESCI Kfir, which makes it an even greater achievement...

BTW, doea anyone know what is the purpose of all the white tape on the leading edge? Sealing? Reference lines?

Thanks for the kind comments fellas - I really appreciate it! :thumbsup:

I suppose this is the ESCI Mirage, not the ESCI Kfir, which makes it an even greater achievement...

BTW, doea anyone know what is the purpose of all the white tape on the leading edge? Sealing? Reference lines?

Bonehammer - Yes. It is the Italeri kit (repop) of the Mirage IIIE, to be exact. I don't know what those white markings are for, but they look nice on the model.
You used the Eagle Design conversion?
kurnass77 - Yes & no. Only the nose and 'dogtooth'. Everything else was scratch.

:o

wonderful job.........looks perfect....

i thought it was a cut..copy and past..from a real picture...

really a great job..i have the same kit..conversion set by eagle design..but unfortunately not your skill...

anyway mine..will eb the one in grey....

looking forward to see other picture.....

if i'm not wrong..sometimes ago i've seen an f-14d vf2 made by u.....that was incredible too.....

ciao

Alex

Thanks for the comments guys!

if i'm not wrong..sometimes ago i've seen an f-14d vf2 made by u.....that was incredible too.....
Thanks Alex. Yes, that was my build too. It should be somewhere in the ARC gallery.
Which colors did you use? gunze or?
MM Sand, MM Dark Tan, Tamiya Sky, and Aeromaster (enamel) Lt Ghost gray.
Nicely done Cyrus. One of my all time favorite jets. Would love to see more.
Thanks Fuji! Glad you like it. MAI has first rights to pics so this was all I was allowed to post.
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally remembered to come here and take a peek! Oh man Cy... just absolutely outstanding! Proud of you brother on how far you've come.. you started out great and only went up from there. I look forward to getting the Magazine when it comes out

Steven

Finally remembered to come here and take a peek! Oh man Cy... just absolutely outstanding! Proud of you brother on how far you've come.. you started out great and only went up from there. I look forward to getting the Magazine when it comes out

Steven

Thanks Steve! I'm glad you've been there every step of the way too.
Outstanding job on this difficult conversion!

I am looking forward to see the article on the magazine...

Thanks for the compliment Panos. Yes, this is was difficult conversion. I only used the resin nose and dog tooth leading edges from Eagle Design. The rest of the conversion was scratch.

Nice work, any more pic?
Thanks TF51. I wish I could post more, but the editor from the magazine asked that I only post one pic.
That's one gorgeous looking Kfir!

Congrats on a job well done!

Thanks Qian. Glad you liked the kit. Edited by Cyrus Tan