1/48 IAF Kfir C7 - Shalhevet

Cyrus,

Is this the same one that was in Columbus this summer at the Nats. If it is, all I can say is awesome. This has got to be one of cleanest builds, with one of the most crisp paint jobs I have ever seen :thumbsup:.

Mike

G'day all,

Here's is my latest model. It's the old Esci/Italeri kit (heavily modified). I'm also pleased to announce that it will appear in a future issue of Model Airplane International (MAI). Hope you like it? :whistle:

Edited: For pic size

Kfir_1a-1.jpg

Nice freakin' model bro....

Is this the same one that was in Columbus this summer at the Nats. If it is, all I can say is awesome. This has got to be one of cleanest builds, with one of the most crisp paint jobs I have ever seen
Thanks Mike! Yes, it was the one in Columbus.
WOOOW Cyrus!!!!

That looks perfect!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely gorgeous!

Cheers

Emil

Thanks for the praise Emil.
Nice freakin' model bro....
Thanks man! It was good seeing you again in Columbus too. Take care Bro!

;)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, beautiful finish! I suppose this is the ESCI Mirage, not the ESCI Kfir, which makes it an even greater achievement...

Bonehammer - Yes. It is the Italeri kit (repop) of the Mirage IIIE, to be exact. I don't know what those white markings are for, but they look nice on the model.

:D Oh? But then the model ya used ain't the old ESCI Kfir C2 kit, is it, Cyrus? Me means it wasn't this one, right?

kfirjaor1.jpg

I ask ya because I'm about to face up with the sheer horror this kit seems to be; it's FAR worst than the Italeri Mirage IIIE, and that's a lot to say about it. By lookin' at yer finished model's picture, I began havin' hopes again that a decent model could come out of this kit provided one were willing to go thru the extra effort, which I am, but... :thumbsup:

Cheers, mate!

Unc²

Bonehammer - Yes. It is the Italeri kit (repop) of the Mirage IIIE, to be exact. I don't know what those white markings are for, but they look nice on the model.

:blink: Oh? But then the model ya used ain't the old ESCI Kfir C2 kit, is it, Cyrus? Me means it wasn't this one, right?

kfirjaor1.jpg

I ask ya because I'm about to face up with the sheer horror this kit seems to be; it's FAR worst than the Italeri Mirage IIIE, and that's a lot to say about it. By lookin' at yer finished model's picture, I began havin' hopes again that a decent model could come out of this kit provided one were willing to go thru the extra effort, which I am, but... :rolleyes:

Cheers, mate!

Unc²

Uncle Uncool;

The Italieri Mirage/Kfirs are the old Esci molds. The only difference is a new sprue with tanks and weapons in the Italieri release.

Thanks again guys! A full build article is in June and July issue of MAI. MAI site

Oh? But then the model ya used ain't the old ESCI Kfir C2 kit, is it, Cyrus? Me means it wasn't this one, right?
Uncle Uncool - That's not the kit I used. I'm sure it possible to start with this kit, but will require even more work.
I ask ya because I'm about to face up with the sheer horror this kit seems to be; it's FAR worst than the Italeri Mirage IIIE, and that's a lot to say about it. By lookin' at yer finished model's picture, I began havin' hopes again that a decent model could come out of this kit provided one were willing to go thru the extra effort, which I am, but...
Don't bother. Like the box art says "Dog Fighter", that kit is a "DOG"! :thumbsup: Italeri just reissued it with new box art and decals. Same plastic, unfortunately. The Italeri Mirage IIIE is a much better starting point which is what I used. All the Isra and Eagle Design sets are made to fit this kit.