If all they messed up was using a Brit tank on a French airframe for Trumpeter that is nearly flawless accuracy.

I do look forward to a Hobbyboss one in a year or two...not like there isn't a ton of stuff both in my stash as well as the release lists to do until then

but you are sure that`s Brit fuel tank?

Edited by song
Indeed, I am!!!! :coolio: :) :touche::whistle::thumbsup:

I worked for 7 years on A & E Jags with the french air force, this aircraft and my team are always in my thoughts

The fin of the under wing tank seems a bit off to me, the span is too long and the underbelly tank is a british one. The bang seat seems to be a Mk9 instead of a Mk 4 and the details of the glare shield are incorrect for a A. The gun muzzles are british looking too, but it's not so difficult to correct. It is a VERY good new!!!

The biggest issue is the canopy frame which must be allmost a perfect circle instead of rounded corner square as it seems to be on the pictures.

---------------------------------------

all of these bug will be correct when this item realese,thanks for your idea.

welcome give me more attitude.

Thanks Song for posting those. You may also want to look at Britmodeller.com that would probably be a very good source of info one way or another regarding the Jaguar as well as most British aircraft.

Just remember they are opinionated on things they love...and British subjects are thier main area of interest. They should be a prime source of informatiom

Happy Modeling

Matt

Thanks Song for posting those. You may also want to look at Britmodeller.com that would probably be a very good source of info one way or another regarding the Jaguar as well as most British aircraft.

Just remember they are opinionated on things they love...and British subjects are thier main area of interest. They should be a prime source of informatiom

Happy Modeling

Matt

matt ,thank you.

i am going there now, and hope they will give me more issues.

i try my best to present a corrective kit to you.

-----------------------

why can`t i reply in ----http://www.britmodeller.com/?

Edited by song

Thanks Song for posting these interesting pictures!

The canopy is looking much better on the new Jaguar GR.3 and T.2(?) masters now. I am sure, the Trumpeter Jaguar will be a spectacular kit!!!

Yes, I agree with some other ARC users, who state that a Mirage 2000 series in 1:32 would be really nice for a future release.

Kind regards

Christian

Those who doubt; Check the resin test shot Su-24 shown in Japan in 2007 (iirc) and the testshots out of plastic this year. Screwed intakes. Check. Screwed spine. Check. Screwed canopy. Check. Go figure.

Don't understate Trumpeter in this, really. :thumbsup:

Yes you make a god piont but what is the alternative? A vac kit? I have yet to buy or assemble a kit that does not have some errors.I can live with most of them. Those I don't like I fix.The Tamiya Spit may make a liar out of me but it does not interest me at all.

Are we modellers or are we really all becoming spoilt kit assemblers? I remember modelling 30 years ago. We have never had it so good and it it was not for the likes of Trumpeter, Tamiya and Hasegawa would not have jump back into the 32 scale market.

Sure some of their errors are dumb mistakes but even Tamiya srewed up their F-4's and the wing fit on their F-15 is notorious.

I just hope you will like the Trump F-111 when it comes

Song - this looks very good so far. A few small problem areas though:

The landing lights on the nose gear door should also be flat glass plates, they do not bulge out.

First, thanks for your remind.

1. above photo is a resin master, so glass is not clear.and it`s a Franch version twin seat type E,so pilot wrong is not ture. Jaguar E nose front is a refuel probe.

2. The glass look like a little bulge but not flat.

jagcorrections2.jpg

Edited by song

I really like what I see here. I will be buying the British version for sure. I've been around for a long time and it seems to me that Trumpeter is the ones that are giving the large scale modeler what we want. Sure there are some mistakes but like it's been said before, there's no such thing as the perfect model. I only speak for myself when I say I would rather have a model with a few mistakes than no model at all. I believe that pictures are the only reference they have for some of the details and we all know how pictures can distort a subject. Also it seem to me that Trumpeter is here showing us what they have and asking us to help them make corrections before they finalize the model. When was the last time that happened? So I say, thank you Trumpeter for your efforts. :thumbsup: I’m getting off my soapbox now. That being said, I really hope we will see the A-6E sometime in the near future. :worship:

Tommy

I really like what I see here. I will be buying the British version for sure. I've been around for a long time and it seems to me that Trumpeter is the ones that are giving the large scale modeler what we want. Sure there are some mistakes but like it's been said before, there's no such thing as the perfect model. I only speak for myself when I say I would rather have a model with a few mistakes than no model at all. I believe that pictures are the only reference they have for some of the details and we all know how pictures can distort a subject. Also it seem to me that Trumpeter is here showing us what they have and asking us to help them make corrections before they finalize the model. When was the last time that happened? So I say, thank you Trumpeter for your efforts. :thumbsup: I’m getting off my soapbox now. That being said, I really hope we will see the A-6E sometime in the near future. :pray:

Tommy

er ...

i would like to hear something wrong of this model when before this kits release. thank you. :worship:

Hello song...

BTW Wasn´t you the master behind 1/32 Su-22 resin that pop up on the internet some time ago ?

any news ?

Thank you for sharing your project with us...

BTW may I dream with a 1/32 mirage 2000C and mirage 2000D

RW

me too!

This is a Yes We can !!!

cheers

RW

Edited by Rafael Winter
Hello song...

BTW Wasn´t you the master behind 1/32 Su-22 resin that pop up on the internet some time ago ?

any news ?

Thank you for sharing your project with us...

RW

me too!

This is a Yes We can !!!

cheers

RW

I`m attend this forum for a long time, but you konw i can`t said anythings random as a TR employee.

Edited by song
First, thanks for your remind.

1. above photo is a resin master, so glass is not clear.and it`s a Franch version twin seat type E,so pilot wrong is not ture. Jaguar E nose front is a refuel probe.

OK!

2. The glass look like a little bulge but not flat.

No, definitely flat (well, on the t-bird there is a tiny - and I mean tiny - bulge but it is barely noticeable in real life, and certainly would not show up in 1/32 scale). See here:

jagcorrections3.jpg

This is getting very interesting! An actual resin prototype maker for Trumpeter, and that seems to be very ok with receiving critique. :coolio::salute:

First off all: Please excuse my ignorance, but i have no idea about Jaguars, and difference in versions. None, whatsoever. However, i noticed some small "strange" issues with the master model. To show these small "bugs" i need to modify yours pics, i hope it is ok with you.

DSC_6905.jpg

1: It seems that that bump is slightly to big. Compare to this, this and this last one. I am not 100% sure if there is bump or not on real ac, but if there is, it is very very "light".

2: Spine bump seems to be a lil bit to high in height. Compare with this and other two photographs i showed above.

3: The fencer seems to be a bit to big, and slightly wrong shape at the back. Not a biggie to correct on the kit when it will be out, but could be as well corrected in the master. :) Again, compare to this one.

4: The intakes seems to go "downhill". Which they appear to do slightly on the real thing, but much less than on the master. Again, see the other 3 pictures.

5: Not the biggest issue "EVAH", but the antenna seems to be little bit oversize.

First: I know that some of my pics don't show Jaguar A. Some of them are Gr1. Again, excuse my ignorance, but the those areas i presented is common and same between Gr1 and "A"?

Yes, yes, i know, i am "joy-stealer" yadayada.

Yes you make a god piont but what is the alternative? A vac kit?

Sadly, not even a vac kit. :woo:

Understand me right: I am very very happy to see that Trumpeter will release a kit of one of my favorite aircrafts. Would anyone else do that? Would Tamya take the risk and release that? Noway. So, i am thankfull that Trumpeter exsist and gives us these "ecsotic" planes.

I just wish that trumpeter would notice the same mistakes as we have in the kit. Quite few people have noted the mistakes in that kit, and all of that information is for free, here on ARC. So i wish trumpeter was little bit more careful with their research. There is in 1/72 scale by a Russian company "Streem". (kit of Su-24) That kit is 100% dead-on accurate. In terms of outline, and even down to rivets. Just check out Janman's build. If a Russian small "cottage" makers can make it very accurate in outline, why can't Trumpeter? Fair enough, Russians have Su-24 in their backyard, but the kit fits in drawings that are available on Internet, for free.

I don't think that just because there is no alternative for us, the maker can be "relaxed", because people will buy anyway. I will buy one, for sure. Depending on the price, maybe two or three.

I have yet to buy or assemble a kit that does not have some errors.I can live with most of them. Those I don't like I fix.

Totally. None kit is without mistakes. The closest to a mistake free kit i have been to is Zvezda Mi-26 and Streem Su-24. I will fix mistakes in the Trump Su-24 kit. (atleast the intakes and hopefully the spine). However, like somebody else said, you should have to buy something (like a correction set) to make a thing "work". Well, that is me living in a perfect world that doesn't exsist. :woot.gif:

Are we modellers or are we really all becoming spoilt kit assemblers? I remember modelling 30 years ago. We have never had it so good and it it was not for the likes of Trumpeter, Tamiya and Hasegawa would not have jump back into the 32 scale market.

Sure some of their errors are dumb mistakes but even Tamiya srewed up their F-4's and the wing fit on their F-15 is notorious.

I can be a kit assembler, and just ignore the issues in whatever kit, like the trump Su-24. It is a choice that is up to me to make. People that is against "rivet counters" (no, i am not pointing at you, or anyone in particular at all. :)) just doesn't understand that point. Everyone is totaly free to do what they want with a kit. Build it oob?, sure, please do so. Correct it?, sure, please do so.

But i think there is big difference between now and 30 years back. There was simply less information available about aircraft types (on both sides of the curtain) than now. Nowdays you can use 2 min to find detailed drawings of an aircraft that was secret 30 years ago. There is just slimmer possibility to make errors.

I am just glad that Mr.Song is open to critique. :)

Wow! :woot.gif:

Song, if you are, wich we all think, affiliated with Trumpeter then hat´s off to you! it´s great to have a representative of a big modeling brand here to listen to the feedback from ppl around here!

You keep doing that and your models will be second to none and be well recieved even by the most hard core rivet counters!!

It´s simply fantastic to have the ear of a big brand around, thank you!

Cheers!

Wow! :woot.gif:

Song, if you are, wich we all think, affiliated with Trumpeter then hat´s off to you! it´s great to have a representative of a big modeling brand here to listen to the feedback from ppl around here!

You keep doing that and your models will be second to none and be well recieved even by the most hard core rivet counters!!

It´s simply fantastic to have the ear of a big brand around, thank you!

Cheers!

:woo: :)