I worked on Omanii Jaguars for 7 years

When were you in the Sultanate Tony?? I spent six very memorable weeks there about a hundred years ago. Saw lots of Jags flitting about the countryside (wadi-bashing) while I was there.

J

But the windscreen frame isn't, it's a test shot for Christ's sake! And an easy fix for an aftermarket company...

Why should I have to pay extra to replace something they couldn't get right in the face of hard evidence to the contrary?

That's like saying you bought a great new sports car but to get it to run correctly you have to replace part of the engine and suspension with aftermarket parts at your own expense.

Ken

Why should I have to pay extra to replace something they couldn't get right in the face of hard evidence to the contrary?

That's like saying you bought a great new sports car but to get it to run correctly you have to replace part of the engine and suspension with aftermarket parts at your own expense.

Ken

I think you are jumping the gun a little here. What you are looking at is a resin master not a preproduction injected test shot. I would not worry about any inaccuracies until we see a true test shot of it. Hence the A-6 they showed us, nothing more than a resin mockup.

I don't think it's really even a test shot. It looks like a solid master made out of resin, not a test shot built out of individual molded plastic parts. I think they use this model in the design process, so I don't think they are to the plastic parts stage yet.

However, knowing Trumpeter's reputation with screwing up canopies...........

Jennings, I was in Thumrait for seven years from 1998 through to 2005. All of that time on Jaguars.

I am also seeing the canopy as a place-holder for the actual part. The actual Jaguar windscreen and canopy has a very Mirage look to it (go figure!) so needs the glass in place to assess the look.

The instrument panel glare shield looks to be very French version specific so hopefully the GR1 will be suitably modified in that area.

But again, this may only be a mockup so details can and will change. All I am doing is taking seven years of being up close and personal with an aircraft and correlating those memories to what I see on screen here. I have been a modeller all my adult life so when I was in Oman I would allways be looking at the aircraft from a modellers point of view.

Case in point, all the heat shield panels under the tail were held in place with large dome head screws and washers so the indented "rivets" seen here would need to be raised in some manner.

So far, it looks good to me. If they do the kit at least as good as this I will buy a single and two seater.

As an aside, did you know that one of the Omanii two seaters served with three air forces? It was one of the development prototypes for the RAF, then was sent to the Indian Air Force and was then transferred to the Royal Air Force of Oman! Omanii two seaters also carried the ECM "Mars Bar" on the fin and two had nose tip mounted IFR probes....

Cheers

Tony

I think you are jumping the gun a little here. What you are looking at is a resin master not a preproduction injected test shot. I would not worry about any inaccuracies until we see a true test shot of it. Hence the A-6 they showed us, nothing more than a resin mockup.

Those who doubt; Check the resin test shot Su-24 shown in Japan in 2007 (iirc) and the testshots out of plastic this year. Screwed intakes. Check. Screwed spine. Check. Screwed canopy. Check. Go figure.

Don't understate Trumpeter in this, really. :woot.gif:

Until I see clear parts in te canopy and windscreen I will withold judgement.

Funny thing is 90% of models dont get shapes corrected and you never heare of these issues with uncorrected kits at shows.......weird.

Yes, I know it's a master/mockup and any or all details subject to change, what I was commenting on was the school of thought of "eh, so what if it's off, we can always get an aftermarket replacement"

I don't understand why that's acceptable in the modeling world and not anywhere else, you wouldn't buy any other product that requires a 3rd party product to get it work or look right.

Ken

I feel french modelers will be crazy, they wait for jaguar and mirage since a very long time

norbert

Indeed, I am!!!! :thumbsup::wave: :P ;) :jaw-dropping:

I worked for 7 years on A & E Jags with the french air force, this aircraft and my team are always in my thoughts

The fin of the under wing tank seems a bit off to me, the span is too long and the underbelly tank is a british one. The bang seat seems to be a Mk9 instead of a Mk 4 and the details of the glare shield are incorrect for a A. The gun muzzles are british looking too, but it's not so difficult to correct. It is a VERY good new!!!

The biggest issue is the canopy frame which must be allmost a perfect circle instead of rounded corner square as it seems to be on the pictures.

Edited by squezzer

If all they messed up was using a Brit tank on a French airframe for Trumpeter that is nearly flawless accuracy.

I do look forward to a Hobbyboss one in a year or two...not like there isn't a ton of stuff both in my stash as well as the release lists to do until then

<...> What you are looking at is a resin master not a preproduction injected test shot. I would not worry about any inaccuracies until we see a true test shot of it. <...>

All the more reason to pipe up NOW, when they can still change things. Once the moulds are cut in steel, changes will be very expensive (and therefore highly unlikely).

All that with the premise that they are in fact willing to listen. Given their track record of downscaling known errors, they more often than not are not inclined to listen. And that's at a point where they'd only have to edit the CAD drawings which is much less complicated and much less costly than changing the steel moulds. So once you see the sprue shots, in 95% of cases that's what you'll end up with when you buy the kit.

Edited by ChernayaAkula
I worked on Omanii Jaguars for 7 years so I feel qualified to say that what I can see looks good. Hopefully the aux inlet doors are seperate as they will not suck in like that unless the engine is running.

Wheel well and engine bay details are on the money.

Engine details, particularly the reheat section look very good for the Adour.

Let the carping begin by the internet experts but as an ex Jag maintainer I like what I am seeing and look forward to seeing more of the GR1 and two seater versions.

Cheers

Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tony ,thank you very much..

that is a hand master,and come into sell will be sometimes later.

I hope you can take more attitude to me. i will present a nicer one to all fans.

If all they messed up was using a Brit tank on a French airframe for Trumpeter that is nearly flawless accuracy.

I do look forward to a Hobbyboss one in a year or two...not like there isn't a ton of stuff both in my stash as well as the release lists to do until then

thanks for your issues.

Jennings, I was in Thumrait for seven years from 1998 through to 2005. All of that time on Jaguars.

I am also seeing the canopy as a place-holder for the actual part. The actual Jaguar windscreen and canopy has a very Mirage look to it (go figure!) so needs the glass in place to assess the look.

The instrument panel glare shield looks to be very French version specific so hopefully the GR1 will be suitably modified in that area.

But again, this may only be a mockup so details can and will change. All I am doing is taking seven years of being up close and personal with an aircraft and correlating those memories to what I see on screen here. I have been a modeller all my adult life so when I was in Oman I would allways be looking at the aircraft from a modellers point of view.

Case in point, all the heat shield panels under the tail were held in place with large dome head screws and washers so the indented "rivets" seen here would need to be raised in some manner.

So far, it looks good to me. If they do the kit at least as good as this I will buy a single and two seater.

As an aside, did you know that one of the Omanii two seaters served with three air forces? It was one of the development prototypes for the RAF, then was sent to the Indian Air Force and was then transferred to the Royal Air Force of Oman! Omanii two seaters also carried the ECM "Mars Bar" on the fin and two had nose tip mounted IFR probes....

Cheers

Tony

well , something about instrument panel we have been all ready ,don`t worried.

Jaguar GR 1. English early version .

GRR1.jpg

Jaguar GR 3 English late version

JAGUARGR3024.jpg

Jaguar A French Version.

JaguarE.jpg

English two seat version:

GRT.jpg

International Version:

darin2cockpit.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two seat :

DSC_6952.jpg

DSC_6934.jpg

English Version:

DSC_6975.jpg

and International Version,

Tony, Omanii version had something different? you can send me some picture of Omanii jaguar?

DSC_6971.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

30mm DEFA 553 cannon:

DSC_6980.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aw c'mon, everybody has missed a huge glaring error so far....

Its missing all of the cockpit transparencies! How could they forget those??? Oh Trumpeter, why do you do this to us every time???

Sorry , I can't help myself sometimes. Most of the time actually.

Edit

Ah, someone else DID notice the poor canopy representation. Very good.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it`s a resin master ,all bug can be correct, thank you sir! :thumbsup:

Edited by song