"Eagle Squadron" Spitfire Mk IIA

This one's back on the workbench after being set aside at the beginning of this past summer. I began this project for the Spitfire GB and failed to complete it. Here is a link to that build thread. I have quite a few models up on my shelve of shame for one reason or another but there is no reason a Tamyia Spitfire should be up there other than neglect. One of the things that slowed me up on this build was the fact I misplaced the small piece that is the intake for the carburetor. I finally cleaned my workbench after 8 months and 4 projects later and sure enough there it was buried beneath the rubble. I quickly attached it before I misplaced it again and attached the other under wing bits too before they became MIA...Whew!... All pieces present and accounted for...

Spit_MkIIA_Eagle_Sqn_12.jpg

The other thing I wasn't too happy with was the look of the prop and spinner. So I took advice and picked up an Ultracast Rotol 3 blade prop and blunt spinner. Here she is just about ready for the paint barn. I have test fit the canopy and windscreen as well as the Ultracast spinner and I really like the way it looks. The prop blades are a little bent though, I'm hoping that a little hot water will sort that out. I've also attached the blister for the starter motor on the side of the cowl. It's a bit on the large side but I can live with it.

Spit_MkIIA_Eagle_Sqn_11.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Mark

I'll be watching this one eagerly Mark, it has a lot of promise...I'll be doing a Spit at some point in the future so yours will be one I'll look to for inspiration and guidance...You never disappoint and this one will more of your very fine work. I'm loving the way this one looks.

• 8 months later...

I'm trying not to disappoint you Cliff... :cheers:

Here's a resurrected project from my 'Shelf of Shame'. It's was my entry into the Spitfire GB and I never finished it. While I was getting ready to paint my BoB GB Hurricane I figured I should get this one finished up at the same time.

Spit_MkIIA_Eagle_Sqn_13.jpg

I'm really happy with the looks of this one and now I'm kick'n myself for taking so long in finishing this one off.

Spit_MkIIA_Eagle_Sqn_15.jpg

So much for a quick build...Oh well, better late than never I guess. I've got a few details to finish off but she's just about ready for the display case.

Thanks for looking,

Mark