A pair of Hornets

Well, here's tonight's update on the frustratingly slow Hornet project. Someday I'm going to write a hypothesis on why the last 10% of a model takes 90% of the time. Landing gear, doors, and weapons painting work mostly...

An older, wiser (and more talented) modeller once explained this theory to me. His solution was to do all these things at the beginning. He was right - it seems to go much quicker that way.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I can finally call these two complete. Put the final details on them tonight. Here are some interim pics, I'll be taking better ones with improved lighting and such tomorrow. Thanks for taking a look.

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

Those are two AWESOME looking Hornets, Waco! The Vikings bird is sweet, but my favorite would have to be the Aussie one...I like the loadout on that one. I may have missed it in the thread somewhere (and I feel silly asking this question), but what's on the wingtips of the Aussie bird?

WACO

FYI - IF you want to know (its your model) but the 23 on the inner tails of the RAAF "18" is actually the decal for the nose wheel doors.

the 23 on the inside of the tails on 75 sqn jets is slanted

pic below

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-phot...2/5/1057522.jpg

copyright Darren Mottram