1/32 Academy F-18D to CF-18B kicked up a notch.

Okay, playtime is over Chuck. Now get back to work on the F-4. ... just kidding!

I know what you're going through Chuck. I'm taking way more time on my current F-14 build than I want to, because I keep seeing those tiny errors that I know I won't be happy with until they're fixed.

Your Hornet looks great!

Okay, playtime is over Chuck. Now get back to work on the F-4. ... just kidding!

I know what you're going through Chuck. I'm taking way more time on my current F-14 build than I want to, because I keep seeing those tiny errors that I know I won't be happy with until they're fixed.

Your Hornet looks great!

Thanks John.

Edited by chuck540z3

OMG!, damn Chuck, your build is awesome on all levels, thanks for posting your skill and detailed path to getting it right. Beautiful looking bird!!!! :worship:

Tonal

• 7 months later...

It's always fun to go back and look at these awesome builds.

Truly fantastic.

Robert

Gee thanks Robert! Since this build is up again, I updated the pics in post #475, because the old ones were terrible.

I think my latest F-4E will be even better- or at least that's the plan!

Edited by chuck540z3

Chuck,

Did you just put the Christmas ribbon underneath the Chaff/Flare Dispensers?

Great tutorial for us novices.

RG

Yes I did, but you need the nice thin LionRoar brass dispensers to pull it off- and I don't know where you can buy that stuff these days. I found some metallic ribbon that looked just about right for the silver and blue....

Prelim28.jpg

However, I have since found a new product by Eduard, which has them already painted in a variety of colors and styles, so you can use these instead and not even have to worry about painting or ribbon. Here's what they look like:

http://www.model-making.eu/Eduard-F-Aa18-Chaff-and-Flare-dispensers-TRU-p-18-2368871.html

Chuck,

I have seen those too. Seem spendy. Also have seen some from AMUR Reaver. http://www.gdkits.com/132-modern-usaf-chaffflare-dispensers-p-10714.html Was looking at these for my F-15E build. It appears at though the Hornets have round inserts and the Eagles have rectangular?

RG