Su-15TM Flagon-F

Great work on the metal finish Waco. Like mentioned, not a subject one sees much.

Well done.

If it wasnt for the gear doors it would be sweet!! LOL :thumbsup:

(Inside joke with Waco and I before anyone thinks I am being a bigger jerk than normal)

Very nice--love the green/NMF. The aftermarket parts are very well blended.

Just between you and me, I don't think the Ukranians are very good spellers...Maestro is messed up. But hey, for non native English Speakers, not too bad.

And maybe I've seen too many movies, but from a distance the tail crest kind of looks like a Decepticon badge.

Thanks again...

Yeah, the Flagon is an ugly airplane. Purposeful looking though. I'll bet that sucker was F-A-A-A-A-S-T in straight lines. As a heavy interceptor for defense of the motherland, that's all it really needed to do: go fast in straight lines. The huge nose also belies the power of the radar in that sucker. While not terribly sophisticated, I'll bet it pumped out a lot of trons.

Interesting aircraft. Somebody previously mentioned the landing speed, which I'm sure made this thing a handful to fly.

Nice build.

I saw this and Mr. Reeves build and I was just looking online for pics. Found this on airliners

SU-15 Airliners.net

Sweet pic of the business end!! Funny neiter the kit parts or Eduard parts look close. The ciro parts are "OK" but pretty rough as I look at them closer. What to do? What to do??

Cheers!!

Mike

PS: got a little more done today so I will post pics in the AM.

Great model Waco! The variations in colors looks great, and the shine is also spot on. They are rather matt indeed. Here are some pictures of an Ukranian two seater from Poltava:

poltava2009138.jpg

poltava2009136.jpg

poltava2009145.jpg

My grandfather was stationed at Su-15 base. (as a doctor) He said that accidents was very usual, and quite often due to landing speed.

• 4 months later...

Hey Waco, that Flagon looks awesome! I feel like building mine now (in 1/72).

Mike, have you tried Tamiya XF-23 Light Blue? It looks fairly close.

Berkut, what's with that strange light blue nosecone? Is it highly faded green paint or was it always that color?

• 1 month later...