1/32 RB-51 Red Baron racing Mustang

Finished this last friday afternoon, apologies for boring any Britmodellers who may be lurking here, but as this is an American site and given this was an important American aircraft I thought you may like to see her. Build threads etc at Britmodeller if interested, will add links in a mo. Mostly scratchbuilt, but some parts hailed from the Hasegawa kit. Hope you like.

Build linky

conversion linky

RedBaronalldone0004.jpg

RedBaronalldone0006.jpg

RedBaronalldone0008.jpg

RedBaronalldone0007.jpg

RedBaronalldone0003.jpg

RedBaronalldone0009.jpg

RedBaronalldone0010.jpg

Cheers all.

Edited by turnerdad
Nick, was this the one in the competition at SMW? Looks like it, an absolutely stunning build but as good as the photos are it looks even better in the flesh.

peebeep

Hi mate, yup the very same. Looked slightly out of place among all the swastikas and camo! Nice to hear from you, sorry about all the...you know.

I saw this build on Britmodeller and I almost joined up specifically to comment on the spectacular job you have done on her. I followed the build over there and enjoyed every post.

Your model is stunning and I would love to have seen her in the flesh!

I am currently building a Westpac Rescue 32nd BK 117 in the Helio section here and I have taken some helpful painting tips from what you did.......thank you!

Gotta love those civvie machines and their colour schemes!!!

Cheers and thanks again

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ
I saw this build on Britmodeller and I almost joined up specifically to comment on the spectacular job you have done on her. I followed the build over there and enjoyed every post.

Your model is stunning and I would love to have seen her in the flesh!

I am currently building a Westpac Rescue 32nd BK 117 in the Helio section here and I have taken some helpful painting tips from what you did.......thank you!

Gotta love those civvie machines and their colour schemes!!!

Cheers and thanks again

Anthony

Thanks Ant. If you need anymore help PM me at Britmodeller. There will be a full indepth build article coming in the new Military In Scale aviation mag over here, not sure you get it in NZ, but look out for it in a couple of months or so. PS, I'll check out your helo.

Edited by turnerdad

Hi NIck,

I spent a week at Reno one year, and sat under the spinner of VoodooChile with Bob Hannah and drank beer with him all day-

I need to tell you that your racers are some of the finest models I've ever seen. In this hobby there are modelers, there are engineers, there are artists, and there are craftsmen-You are all of them...plus some genius I suspect too! What an incredible model! Thanks for the inspiration-

Regards,

Pig

Wow, that is sweet. I would love to build one and put it next to my fisher September Fury. Nick, you did a brilliant job. Also, I visited the britmodeller link and I have to ask did you build that Voodoo as well?

Mike

I was at Reno in 1979 when this plane blew its superchager and and went in something awful. Steve Hinton flew me in another Planes of Fame Mustang built from pieces of the RB-51 a few years ago. Man what a blast! But Hinton looked ****** at me when I told him I watched him auger in in '79. Great ride, but too bad about his ego though. Fantastic Model! Brings back memories too. Milt