My NCC-1701 Enterprise.

Kay, I have started my NCC-1701 Enterprise but stopped as I am making too many mistakes. I'm off work with the flu, and figured I can finally get some work done. Turns up I made a bunch of mistakes so I stopped and figure I spend the rest of the day watching old DVD's and getting some rest.

The mistakes are minor and I can fix them, but why make more?

So all I have done so far is paint all the interiors silver to help reflect the tiny light bulbs I'll be using on my build.

I have so far placed 1 green , 1 red , 3 big uns and 4 little white lights in the lower hull. Hooked up to a nine volt battery it so far seems to work.

Sorry, the photo is not better I ran out of energy going up and down the stairs and I am staying upstairs for the rest of the day to rest.

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

Edited by phantom

Cough syrup monkeys are off my back. Wiring for the upper hull is done. Its not glued to together yet so I could test the wires. So far so good.

Hopefully tomorrow I can stand for more then 5 minutes at a time and can get some building done. 14 bulbs in the upper hull. Trust me they are all on but my camera flash is drowning out the little suckers.

DSC_0372-1.jpg

HELLO Phantom,

Hope You feel better and get well soon... :woot.gif:

the Enterprise is not something I have seen made {maybe there has been hreads but not remember them!}

this is looking very impressive even if you are down with flu..Keep up the good work !!

HOLMES :jaw-dropping::thumbsup:

Started the Astec decals. They are very very faint. Really not worth the effort of a photo at this time. My camera would bleach out the differences on the hull. But they do fit very nice. Rather time consuming as well.

As for the flu. Went back to work but I am still feeling the after effects a week and a couple days on. Still tired all the time but that may have to do with getting up at 4am everyday to go to work then anything else.

Still, 4am is a big improvement over my last position at work which had me getting up at 2. Nice to "sleep in" those extra 2 hours.

Bit of a problem. Never had THIS happen before. All the decals are going on fine. The carrier is rather thick and easy to work with and settles ok with micro sol.

As you can see I placed several decals from the same sheet with no problem and then tried to lay the USS ENTERPRISE title.

DSC_0374.jpg

it shattered. I will send this photo to the company and hope they can help me out. Painting the title by hand does not seem like a great option.

I am hoping to hear from the model company before spending money on replacements. Give them a chance to fix the problem first. Unless of course someone out there named their ship something else and has a big Enterprise spare.

Carrying on. Shuttle bay and city park are good to go. Decals came off the same sheet the USS ENTERPRISE titles did, so I can only guess the carrier was not applied to that decal for some reason.

DSC_0378.jpg

And of course just to be different I added extra railings from my CVN-65 Enterprise and 5 red shirts to add to the shuttle bay. Oh yes, a F-18 is in there too.

DSC_0379.jpg

Edited by phantom

Anyone doing this model, check your decal sheets and make sure the carrier is on all the required decals. Thus far only the "USS ENTERPRISE" title on decal #103 appears to be missing its carrier.

I am in contact with the company now and hope they are going to replace the decal that was missed by quality control on their end. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Busy day. Nice having a day off when no one is home. Course now I work the next week straight. Kay, lower hull and engines are built and assembled. Turned out better then I thought. The company really thought out how to hold everything up under all the weight. The gaps that I have seen on many other builds are there but nothing a little putty and sanding can not deal with.

DSC_0382.jpg

There are 13 lights in the lower hull, 3 in each engine. 4 in the neck and 14 in the saucer section.

One thing. Its beyond huge. I now really have to rethink where I am going to keep the assembled model

following this one! I have on in the GB also, but I kinda lost interest. Every time you update I have to pull it out...lol It sucks about the decal!!! Take2 seems to have really good customer service though! At least they seem to care what the customer thinks judging by the efforts they are going to in making the 1/1000 scale Enterprise refit.

Keep up the good work!

Curt

P.S. Noticed something on the ARC main page this morning.... :thumbsup:

Wow. I think I look at mine in the box every other day or so. I want to build it right now, but I am waiting on lights and then it occurred to me that I have nowhere to put it. Can't wait to see your next update though.

Same. The place to put it thing gets me. I don't think they would appreciate it in my shop...lol

Curt