Trumpeter 1/32 Su-30MKK

To all the Flanker experts here.

What's the heads-up of this new kit ?

One thing I know for sure is the nose landing gear well is wrong. Trumpeter gives Su-27 round cover on the top of the well while the Su-30 is flat.

What update=sets I need for this Flanker ?

TIA

If you are willing to wait until it is ready, I am working on a replacement canopy kit.

It will correct the canopy which is too narrow towards the front (as noted >>>here<<<) and also corrects the IRST which is the wrong shape and is located too far inboard due to the narrow canopy.

Su30canopy1.jpg

The platform that the IRST sits on should actually extend down the side of the fuselage about half way down the upper fuselage. As seen on this Su-30MKI.

Because of this I am considering replacing the entire forward fuselage from around the center of the windscreen. This would allow me to make a correct IRST platform, improve the refueling probe details and correct the round panel below the refueling probe which should be raised. At the same time I'll add this panel to the right side of the fuselage which Trump left off completely...

Su30canopy2.jpg

The canopy kit will also include detailed interior framing similar to the Su-27 Flanker B correction I did.

There will be a delay before the Su-30 canopy is ready though.

I will be concentrating on the Su-27UB correction first (since it will use the same IRST housing that I already made for the Flanker B ).

Fortunately the two share the same internal canopy frame details so the Su-30 tooling should move quickly.

But first, I am finishing up a full set of Su-27 missile pylons. These should be finished in a couple of weeks.

You can use the missile pylons for the Su-30 if you want to carry the same air-to-air missile load as an Su-27 (Archers and Alamos) in which case you might want to pick up some missiles as well!

Even if you decide against the full set of pylons you will probably want to at least replace the wingtip pylons which I sell separately. Or,,, you could use Sorbtsiya pods instead!

You can also use my nosecone which corrects the profile as well as adds nicer panel details.

Though Trump re-tooled the intakes, you still might want to replace them. The intakes will need to be modified by removing the platform the the triangular fin/antenna would mount to on a regular Su-27 (just as Trump has you do on the Su-30).

Check out this thread to see a comparison of my nosecone and intake parts to the Trump parts.

Hmmm... I think that about covers it, for now... :worship:

:thumbsup:

Edited by Zactoman
I will be concentrating on the Su-27UB correction first (since it will use the same IRST housing that I already made for the Flanker B ).

Fortunately the two share the same internal canopy frame details so the Su-30 tooling should move quickly.

Sweet! Top notch work as usual and thanks for the update, Chris. I can't wait for them to come out. I will certainly get both sets when they're available.

Cheers,

Terry

This would allow me to make a correct IRST platform, improve the refueling probe details and correct the round panel below the refueling probe which should be raised. At the same time I'll add this panel to the right side of the fuselage which Trump left off completely...

Su30canopy2.jpg

Chris,

You know this already, of course...........

That 'round panel' is actually a retractable spotlight - used to illuminate the IFR probe during A2A refuelling.

I would expect nothing less than a WORKING spotlight from the master..... :whistle::worship::beer4:

Ken

• 10 months later...

I have just ordered the su-30 and the Exhaust Nozzles+ the wheelbays to stock it while it is still availaible

so now my wallet needs to reload before the upcoming release of zactomodels :jaw-dropping:

it will need a lot : Su-27 Wingtip Pylons, Nosecone, Intakes, + the canopy

this guy is going still all my money :banana:

Edited by Ghostkiller
  • 1 year later...