DSC03752.jpg

Oops!

DSC03753.jpg

Starting to look a little better.

DSC03756.jpg

Need to clean up some overspray.

DSC03757.jpg

DSC03758.jpg

I'll probably subdue the preshading on the Neutral Grey more, it's a bit heavier than I want. Overall I'm satisfied with the result.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice progress.

That resin wheel-well looks so nicely detailed. Are you going to give that a wash, which I always find troublesome with all the nooks and crannies ? Or are you going to keep it cleaned ?

Very nice progress.

That resin wheel-well looks so nicely detailed. Are you going to give that a wash, which I always find troublesome with all the nooks and crannies ? Or are you going to keep it cleaned ?

I'll give it a light wash. Enough to bring out the detail, but not so much that they look filthy. They were kept fairly clean,

• 4 weeks later...

Painted, gloss coated, decaled and I hated it! Wasn't happy with the finish. Didn't like the colors. Out came the tape, off came the decals. Back in the paint booth it went. Searched high and low for the colors I wanted. Finally settled on Light Ghost Grey and Dark F-15 Grey. This time I used paper masks and got a much tighter demarcation line. Much happier with the results.

DSC03817.jpg

DSC03818.jpg

DSC03819.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks very good. Tough decision sometimes to just get stuck in and do it again. Every time I look at my A-7D I want to redo top coats, but, at the same time I worry that I will just make it worse and get more frustrated. Seeing this thread has helped me to make my mind .... :D

Think you made the right decision, Yoxford. This is looking very nice now!!! :thumbsup: Did this particular aircraft have a black tip on the tail or not. Some did, some didn't. It would go nicely with the black Ohio tail band!

Cheers

Ian

Edited by Ian Cooper
Looks very good. Tough decision sometimes to just get stuck in and do it again. Every time I look at my A-7D I want to redo top coats, but, at the same time I worry that I will just make it worse and get more frustrated. Seeing this thread has helped me to make my mind .... :D

The more I looked at the original finish, the more I didn't like it. In all liklihood, if I hadn't repainted it I probably wouldn't finish it.

Think you made the right decision, Yoxford. This is looking very nice now!!! :thumbsup: Did this particular aircraft have a black tip on the tail or not. Some did, some didn't. It would go nicely with the black Ohio tail band!

Cheers

Ian

No black tip on the tail for this one. In fact, none of the Columbus a/c had them.

Put the finishing touches on this last night. Hasegawa 1/48 A-7D with a Black Box cockpit, Aires wheel bays, weapons from Hasegawa Weapons Set B, and decals from the IPMS/USA 2009 National Concention. Glad it's done. The flash from my camera washed things out a bit.

DSC03824.jpg

DSC03825.jpg

DSC03826.jpg

DSC03827.jpg

DSC03828.jpg

DSC03830.jpg

DSC03833.jpg

DSC03835.jpg

Now I think it's time to build something OOB.