How I fixed my Aztec

*Opening the body of your Aztec A470 airbrush will void the warranty and free repair policy*

Anyone who's had an Aztec for more than a month or two knows that the little 'H' shaped plastic piece that connects the trigger with the nozzle always breaks.

I didn't want to be without my airbrush to send it away for repairs so this is how I fixed it:

Aztecrepair01.gif

As you know, the little 'tangs' on the 'H' shaped piece break easily. I replaced the 'H' with a 'U' made from MIG welding wire. I'm sure any place that does any welding will give you a big ball of scrap wire for free.

With some needle nose pliers shape the wire into a 'U' as shown in the picture the same size as the Aztec's 'H' piece. Try to make all the corners as squared as possible. Loop the bottom of the 'U' through the hole in the trigger cam and put the tangs on the top of the 'U' under the nozzle thingy just like the original 'H' piece.

Voila! As strong as an ox!

Good luck.

-mac

Edited by Mackie

Thanks for the tip Mac.

I opened mine and discovered that the H link had not broken, but had snapped off the nozzle end when I had forced the trigger loose after leaving some paint dry on the nozzle after a few days. I just snapped it back in its place... wish I had known of your idea.

anyway, after putting it back together, I noticed that there is now an air leak at the base of the nozzle that just won't go away regardless of how tight I screw in the nozzles...

have you encountered anything similar?

thanks,

Ernie A.

Thanks for the tip Mac.

I opened mine and discovered that the H link had not broken, but had snapped off the nozzle end when I had forced the trigger loose after leaving some paint dry on the nozzle after a few days. I just snapped it back in its place... wish I had known of your idea.

anyway, after putting it back together, I noticed that there is now an air leak at the base of the nozzle that just won't go away regardless of how tight I screw in the nozzles...

have you encountered anything similar?

thanks,

Ernie A.

Ernie, Try putting some bees wax on the threads. You can pick up a small jar in the hairdressing supply aisle of a dollar store. I think it is supposed to be for dread locks. but is just right for A/B threads.

Bob

Ernie, Try putting some bees wax on the threads. You can pick up a small jar in the hairdressing supply aisle of a dollar store. I think it is supposed to be for dread locks. but is just right for A/B threads.

Bob

How about a small piece of Teflon tape? If you have a roll, it may be worth a try...

David

Yes!

Of course...why didn't I thik of that, I know I have a roll in my tool box.

Thanks David.

I'll be sure to replace the link with a metal one before I seal it up again... althoug I long ago upgraded to Iwatas, I would still love to be able to use my Aztec again.

thanks everyone.

Ernie A.