Bicentennial A-7D Special Scheme

Hi,

I am looking for some more pictures and possibly reference on the 1976 Bicentennial scheme A-7D. The only pic that I can find anywhere is the boxtop shot on the Hasegawa kit.

hasegawa_09876_boxtop.jpg

Has anyone got any other shots of this aircraft please?? Ideally in the same 'show' loadout that this one was taken in... I am trying to work out what the opposite wing loadout was, amongst other things...

Karl.

If I remember correctly - when I was based with the 23rd, I'd heard about the Bicentennial A-7 (before I got there) - and the Wing Commander didn't like it at all. It was a very short lived paint scheme - and very few photos of it are around.

Hitch

If I remember correctly - when I was based with the 23rd, I'd heard about the Bicentennial A-7 (before I got there) - and the Wing Commander didn't like it at all. It was a very short lived paint scheme - and very few photos of it are around.

Hitch

Its because it may be the ugliest paint job ever!!

:thumbsup:

Hitch

Aha, that probably explains it then... I've checked all my references, and done pictures searches on the internet, and this is the only one around. Thanks for that anyway, I guess I'll make it up from there. Looks like the outer pylon is an SUU-25 Flare Dispenser, so anyone got ideas as to what could go on the opposite outer pylon??

Its because it may be the ugliest paint job ever!!

:)

Hello you! You gotta remember it was the 70's! Some of the best things came out of the 70's... like me!!! :) :woot.gif:

Karl.

I thought I had seen a pic of that bird in one of my books, but without the bombload. In the Detail and Scale Colors and Markings, Vol. 19 Part 3, USAF and ANG Versions A-7 CorsairII, there is a pic on page 10 that shows the other side of the aircraft and without any stores. Pic is credited to Bob LaBouy. Most of my other A-7 books show the pic on the kit boxtop. Don M.