WIP- The Birth of the Grovers

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Gregg,

Just did made more changes to get the signal square closer to reality and am about to paint the autos. Snow storms this week have been really messing up my free time away from work.

Don

Hello Don

I must have missed this while I was in hospital over the New Year BUT boy I am SO glad that you got this one going..

ITS SUPERBLY done as always..

MASTERPIECE... :whistle: :P

{Are those the Bugatti and Morgan cars I see there ! :nanner: }

HOLMES :nanner:

Hello Don

{Are those the Bugatti and Morgan cars I see there ! :whistle: }

HOLMES :P

Thanks, Holmes. The USAF believes "When in Rome, do as the Romans do"; it's a Jaguar XK120 and an MG TC :nanner: . Sorry to hear you were in the hospital.

Don

More discussion, more changes. Signal square different and bigger. The MG is painted, the Jag will be Pastel Blue Metallic instead of the red that I planned originally. I think the red would have been distracting.

11711.jpg

More discussion, more changes. Signal square different and bigger. The MG is painted, the Jag will be Pastel Blue Metallic instead of the red that I planned originally. I think the red would have been distracting.

11711.jpg

Felix

thank you

Loking AWESOME :stooges::wasntme:

Felix,

This is taking on lot more depth now as you

add little details and those little human touches like the cars and the figure waving.....

The ground crew on the aircraft in the distance ..Pure PERFECTION.. :thumbsup: <_<

HOLMES... :wub: :wub:

Looking great Felix! The shadows are right on and the NMF is spot on as well (especially the reflection on the foreground planes wing :coolio: ) Glad to know I'm not the only one who sits on a drawing for a while to make sure I still like it.

One small small thing that I'm not sure I would have changed is the size of the signal square from the original size even if it is more accurate. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but now that it actually touches the second jet and very nearly touches the front one, compositionally it joins the two planes into almost one object. That was the first thought that came to mind when you mentioned you'd enlarged it. I could be totally wrong (and probably am) but that's my two cents on it. Otherwise I agree with everything you've added and changed and I'd still be proud to display this work as is.

Bill

Thanks Gregg and Holmes, the cast shadows do the trick as far as anchoring the ground objects and you have to have some people in the or it becomes too technical. There has to be a story in there.

Bill, I've got to back away from it for a bit. I had the same reservations about the signal square, but I've become pretty obsessed with the airfield (I'm even trying to put together a version as scenery for FSX) and the square really defines the 92nd's move to SG from the US. I'm going to play around with graying it out some to force it a bit more into the background. With digital, I can play around without destroying all my previous work.

Don

Absolutely BRILLIANT!!!........Amazing how you bring out the NMF using colors other than silver. Please do some more Sabres. It's one of my most favored aircraft.

Thanks, natural metal can be a PITA to portray. The Sabre is my favorite a/c and will definitely be turning up again.

• 2 weeks later...

I let it sit for a couple of weeks (SOP) and made final adjustments, mostly subtle differences in value (desaturated the MG a bit) and background speed blurring. Now I've gotta get a couple of proofs run off to see if it needs color correction (often a problem when you go from digital to print). This'll be its first time as anything other than pixels and I'll be crossing my fingers.

2911a.jpg

Good luck with printing! It's an awesome piece of artwork so I really hope you'll get what you're looking for!

Greetings, neu

Thanks Neu, I'm sure you've had more than your share of harrowing experiences with printing :jaw-dropping: .

Thanks Gregg,

With a digital piece, it's so easy to document the whole process, it's no problem at all to show everything. It bothers me that some people regard digital art to be cheating, so it's a chance to show that the process of creating a painting is really the same. The computer doesn't magically create the composition and do all the work for you at the push of a button. Hopefully others can be encouraged to give it a try.

Don