WIP- The Birth of the Grovers

I would never regard the digital medium as cheating ...

It's another tool available to the artist ...

Well, I guess going to the store and buying one's paints, canvases and supplies is also cheating then ...

Back in the "Old Days", artists had to make their own paints and block their own canvas too ..

-Gregg

Well, I guess going to the store and buying one's paints, canvases and supplies is also cheating then ...

Back in the "Old Days", artists had to make their own paints and block their own canvas too ..

-Gregg

Gregg, on behalf of digital artists everywhere, I applaud your attitude and hope that it spreads.:woot.gif::thumbsup:

Don

-Gregg

+ ONE :)

All the tools and accessories don't mean anything if you don't have the talent. You have that in abundance!

I just came across this thread and have thoroughly enjoyed watching the progress of this piece of art. It's absolutely stunning; the composition, the rendering, and just the feeling of excitement of the image.

And excellent job on the metal finish...the tones and the reflectivity is perfect. The 50's colour schemes were so wonderful and colourful.

Glad I stumbled on to this on my lunchtime surfing!

Cheers,

Richard

(P.S. Do you do commissions? )

All the tools and accessories don't mean anything if you don't have the talent. You have that in abundance!

I just came across this thread and have thoroughly enjoyed watching the progress of this piece of art. It's absolutely stunning; the composition, the rendering, and just the feeling of excitement of the image.

And excellent job on the metal finish...the tones and the reflectivity is perfect. The 50's colour schemes were so wonderful and colourful.

Glad I stumbled on to this on my lunchtime surfing!

Cheers,

Richard

(P.S. Do you do commissions? )

Thanks Richard,

The a/c of the Cold War 50s/60s are sadly neglected in favor of WWII. It's understandable, as that seems to be what people want to buy. Artists are only human and, as Willie Sutton said when asked why he robbed banks " 'Cause that's where the money is."

PM me and let me know what you're interested in and we'll see if we can work something out.

Antonov,

He's got the right colors and lightning bolt, so maybe he was a member of the 81st FIW :thumbsup:

Don