F-4E 2020 Terminator

Hi, here my latest subject and model. It is a Turkish Air Force F-4E Terminator; Israeli upgrade to the F-4E for the TUAF. I used Tamiya acrylics, MM enamels, and Alclad metalizers. I primarily used post-shading to weather the model.

1372920.jpg

IMG_2844.JPG

IMG_2853.JPG

IMG_2878.JPG

IMG_2870.JPG

IMG_2868.JPG

Edited by zidane

Thanks Awan, the upgrade on the model consisted mostly of antennas and visual details. Antennas were: on the spine, top of the ruder, under the chin. There is also a circular disk right in front of the windshield but I don;t know what it is. Finally, there are some strobe lights on either side of the rudder (right above the flag), and on the side of the engine intakes near the border of the two colors. I got most of this info from my friends in a Turkish modeling forum and from my reference pics.

Fulcrum; no unfortunately I used the kit parts and did not have much of any scratchbuild inside the cockpit except for the seat belts and a few other details.

Thank you very much all! I grew up in Eskisehir where this squadron is based and these F-4's still fly over the city skies every day (though I am not there anymore). There was a question about the decals. I designed most of them myself in Adobe Illustrator but Babibi model carries these decals as well: http://www.babibimodel.com/joomla/index.php?lang=en

My goal in the next build (Hasegawa 1:48 F-15DJ) is to move into the world of Mr. Color paints. I just ordered a set from the UK! Really looking forward to it.

Thanks for the encouraging words!

zidane...your Phantom...is wonderfull....perfect...

the weatering is one of the most effective i've seen untill now...

i'm stillw orkign on a phantom...but now thanks to you i'm afraid to show it...:-)

may it be possible to knwo wich kind of alclad did u use for the tail section???

thanks in advance

Alex..

Italy

Sicily

Thank you Alessio. I have three bottles of Alclad: High-polish Aluminum, Magnesium and Steel. Before spraying these, I cleaned the surface well and put down a solid coat of Future and let it dry for about 2 days. I then airbrushed the Alclad colors. This results in a high-shine outcome especially for the aluminum. I then added small bits of a variety of Testors metalizers to Alclad to do some postshading (of the darkest magnesium color right around the nozzles). Finally, I sprayed very thinned Tamiya clear blue and clear orange at random spots and surfaces to create a burnt-metal effect. You need to go easy on this as you can quickly ruin the look (which I did earlier and redid everything from scratch).

To protect, I later sprayed a coat of Future to all the metalic parts. I still have mixed feelings about this (I think it changes the metallic effect) and then masked it up. Anyway, at the end of the project, I toned down the overly shiny metallic surfaces with the dull coat. The real plane's surfaces are not that shiny if you look carefully.