1/72 Italeri B-52H

Jonah, did you display this model at Scalefest in Grapevine back in May? If so, I was very impressed. Its stunning in person. I took pics of your model, but at the time, my technical knowledge on taking photo's of models was lacking (my f-stop settings were way off) & most of the pics weren't so good.

I'll post the decent shots if you'd like.

Ish

Yep, same model. I replaced the nose art after Scalefest, but otherwise it's the same as you saw it.

It'd be great to see your photos, it's fun seeing it with other 1/72 models. I need to work on the photography as well; the 3 pics posted here are only about 10% of what I took trying to get some decent shots.

Great looking build. I know I personally found that to be a very challenging yet rewarding kit.

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal5...52_Gist/00.shtm

I love the flag that should get you props from God fearing Americans like myself.

Again, great looking truck.

:whistle:

Awesome build there Scott, I especially like the lowered flaps & extended spoilers. Maybe I'll try that the next time around, along with an open bomb bay!

Challenging yet rewarding is a good way to describe it.

Jonah

• 8 years later...

Thanks Dutch, I was pleased with how this turned out, though looking at it now there are several things I'd try differently.

This was the third AMT/Italeri kit I built; and in the midst of the discussions about the new Modelcollect kit I found myself reminiscing about the first H I built, shortly after AMT released it in 1994.   I was 15 years old at the time and could find no wrong with the kit whatsoever, so delighted was I to have a 1/72 late model B-52.  

Part of me wishes that I could ignore the shortcomings in the Modelcollect kit and simply build it with the same enthusiasm as those first couple of AMT kits (I built the Desert Storm G in '96).  Through the eyes of a teenager, the AMT kit certainly looked every bit the part to me, especially since my references were scarce in those days.  Practically impossible to view kits through that same lens over 20 years later...

Jonah

Jonah, I know what you mean. Ignorance is bliss!  If you browse through some of my early kits on SCM you will see that I did not modify any of my Revell 1/144 E-3A kits [except delete the dome and stbd wing trailing edge aerial.] when building my 707s and 720s.  Also, I did not cut down any of my earlier KC-135s.  I did cut down my DC-8-61s though, because I had a Kalmback book on modeling airliners that Clint Grove mentioned to do that.  I also added 1/72 Hasegawa F-4E travel pods to my 1/144 Airfix Comet 4B kits to convert them into Comet 4Cs!  So, the fact that you built more than one 1/72 B-52 is an awesome feat, especially with the level of detail and workmanship.  Again, you have my respect and gratitude.  Kindest regards, Dutch  

• 5 years later...

I'm just curious? Every time I try to read an article about a model I, am assembling, they are all outdated. I'm sure that these articles are posted somewhere but Where? I'm not interested in what was built 10, 15 years ago because materials and have improved over the years! would someone like to inform where I can find the updated articles?