Huey II beauty shots

I am surprised that there seems to be very few models of the Huey II floating around. With slight modifications, the 1/48 Italeri UH-1D/H or a combination of the UH-1N and UH-1D/H kits can be made into a Huey II practically OOB. Thanks to Cornelius "Mac" McMillan I now have a great set of images of these birds. Mac, among other things, trains pilots in other countries to fly the Huey II. I am grateful he has offered to share his photo collection with me and I have his permission to share it with you guys. Hopefully, these will inspire some of you to tackle a Huey II. Enjoy!

Ray

Kern County Sheriff:

Edited%20Kern.JPG

Iraqi Air Force:

UH-1H%20Air%20Taxi%20Hot%20Gas.JPG

Huey%20at%20Speicher%20Hot%20Gas%20Pits.JPG

Col%20Abaas%20Up%20Top%20Smiling%20and%20my%20left%20Gunner.JPG

Iraqi%20Huey%20II.JPG

Argentinian Huey II:

Argentine%20Huey%20II.JPG

Phillipine Air Force:

In-Flight%20town%202.JPG

Kazakhastan Huey II:

Kazakhastan%20shipment%20006.jpg

USAF TH-1H (Huey II with a glass cockpit):

TH-1H%20Left%20side.JPG

looking%20down.JPG

Those look sweeeeeeet. Especially digging the Kern and USAF birds...some damn fine looking hueys! :monkeydance:

Ok, now for a stupid question: I know the 1/35th Panda UH-1N's contain the single engine parts as well as the dual engines, But does the newer Dragon boxings with the PE parts do as well?

- Rob

Edited by N2977R

Oliver,

I'll get some interior shots up soon, but it's basically a UH-1H interior, except for the TH-1H which has the glass cockpit.

Rob,

I believe the new Dragon UH-1N kit has both cowlings, but maybe someone can confirm that

Tank,

The Huey II upgrade allows the customer to "pimp his ride" if you will. You can choose between the old style UH-1H nose or the UH-1N nose. Also, Huey II's can be made from old N models as well. In fact, most of the TH-1H's were originally HH-1N's. there are other options as well, such a sthe type of particle separator which can vary. as you see with the Kern County bird, you can get high skids, but most I have seen have the standard skids. You can also get and armored version with armor on the floor from Kinetic Defense. Also, you can see the winch on the Kern County bird. The best way to tell a Huey II from other Huey variants is the N model blade and tailboom on a single engine bird. Point is, there is a LOT of options that can be produced from the Italeri/Dragon/Panda UH-1D/H and N kits in 1/48 and 1/35 scales.

Glad you guys are enjoying the pics. Here's you a few more.

Ray

For Austin:

Kaz%20huey%202.JPG

Kaz%20Huey%202%20left%20side.JPG

For Oliver. Looks like this is the best shot I have of the Huey II cockpit, but trust me, it's not much different from a H model:

PICT7207.JPG

Partial glass cockpit. The TH-1H's I saw had three MFD's, but they looked just like this otherwise:

PB100008.JPG

DEA UH-1N showing the armor on the floor:

reset%20departure%202%20(2).jpg

PICT7211.JPG

PICT7214.JPG

Columbian Huey II with high skids:

REFUEL%20AND%20MOORING%20001.jpg

Finally, my personal favorite so far, a NASA Huey II:

ARFF%20Aug%202008%20002.jpg

Tank,

The Huey II upgrade allows the customer to "pimp his ride" if you will. You can choose between the old style UH-1H nose or the UH-1N nose. Also, Huey II's can be made from old N models as well. In fact, most of the TH-1H's were originally HH-1N's. there are other options as well, such a sthe type of particle separator which can vary. as you see with the Kern County bird, you can get high skids, but most I have seen have the standard skids. You can also get and armored version with armor on the floor from Kinetic Defense. Also, you can see the winch on the Kern County bird. The best way to tell a Huey II from other Huey variants is the N model blade and tailboom on a single engine bird. Point is, there is a LOT of options that can be produced from the Italeri/Dragon/Panda UH-1D/H and N kits in 1/48 and 1/35 scales.

Thanks for the info.

cough cough Will these pics be included in the CD's. cough cough :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info.

cough cough Will these pics be included in the CD's. cough cough :thumbsup:

Tank,

Alas, these will not be on the DVD, but I have no problem sharing what I have with you guys here. Speaking of the DVD, it will be out very soon thanks to Floyd's efforts. I really don't have a great walkaround of a Huey II yet, but that may soon change. Mainly I'm trying to get the old girl some exposure as there are more than 250 Huey II's currently operating around the world.

Ray

As always Ray, thanks for posting some very interesting photos. The NASA Huey is just begging to be built, especially in pre-shuttle launch configuration with FLIR, searchlight and M240s (at least I think that's what it's armed with).

The DEA Huey is also fascinating. Is it civil registered or is a military ship? Also, is it armed with door guns at any time? It's also got the kind of colour scheme I could just about replicate, given my current painting skills ! Thanks.

LD.

Tank,

Alas, these will not be on the DVD, but I have no problem sharing what I have with you guys here. Speaking of the DVD, it will be out very soon thanks to Floyd's efforts. I really don't have a great walkaround of a Huey II yet, but that may soon change. Mainly I'm trying to get the old girl some exposure as there are more than 250 Huey II's currently operating around the world.

Ray

:thumbsup:

I agree LD, the DEA bird does look interesting.

What specifically makes it a Huey 2 instead of a 205A++? Both seem to combine the 205 with the 212's rotor, transmission and engine. Is it simply the aircraft's heritage civilian 205 versus military UH-1D/H?

Ray, awesome photos. Thank him for me if you will. I love the Huey, almost as much as you maybe, and being from the Rucker area I really dig that they are remanufacturing them down there.

I have one comment though.... Have they seen the Dukes of Hazzard in Kazakhastan? I love the 01 on the door. Yes, I saw the 02 as well, but the first thing I thought when seeing THAT font was the General Lee.

The regular vs -N model nose question was already posted, but that is my biggest wonder so far. Thanks for posting and looking into this stuff Ray.

I am happy you guys are finding this interesting. Check this BellAero/Us Helicopter page for a list of more options that can be fitted to the Huey II: Huey II options You might want to also browse around the site for more info about the facility and what they do down there.

Ray

Here's a State Department Huey II:

PICT5192.JPG

Edited by rotorwash

Thanks for posting those great pictures. I really like that State Dept Huey. I believe I saw a picture of one of those fully tricked out with toilet bowl, missile launch sensors, flare buckets and mini-guns. Very cool looking bird.

Glad to see that the Huey is still going strong.

John

John,

it is good to see the old girl still has a lot of life left in her.

Oliver,

I should actually thank Markm for posting those nice TH-1H shots. That is exactly the configuration I saw, but it's a no no to photograph USAF birds without permission so i didn't get any pics.

Here are some pics of a civilian Huey II during the upgrade process. The first pics show all that remains of the old UH-1H airframe. The next set is a month or so later as she was moving down the line. You can see all the new wiring that is added.

Ray

PICT5160.JPG

PICT5164.JPG

PICT2416.JPG

PICT2414.JPG

PICT2426.JPG

PICT2418.JPG

• 2 years later...

I am surprised that there seems to be very few models of the Huey II floating around. With slight modifications, the 1/48 Italeri UH-1D/H or a combination of the UH-1N and UH-1D/H kits can be made into a Huey II practically OOB. Thanks to Cornelius "Mac" McMillan I now have a great set of images of these birds. Mac, among other things, trains pilots in other countries to fly the Huey II. I am grateful he has offered to share his photo collection with me and I have his permission to share it with you guys. Hopefully, these will inspire some of you to tackle a Huey II. Enjoy!

Ray

Kern County Sheriff:

Edited%20Kern.JPG

Iraqi Air Force:

Iraqi%20Huey%20II.JPG

Argentinian Huey II:

Phillipine Air Force:

In-Flight%20town%202.JPG

Kazakhastan Huey II:

TH-1H%20Left%20side.JPG

looking%20down.JPG

Wow :jaw-dropping: , would it be possible to get high-res photos of the Kazakhstan Huey?

Hey frieds

Dominican Republic have huey II :rolleyes:

the pictures are from me during my flight with the dominican republic air force recue team

believe me it was the best time in my life!!!

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

DSC_9584.jpg

DSC_9589copiacopia.jpg

IMG_3264.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

Edited by charles

Ray

Kern County Sheriff:

Edited%20Kern.JPG

Iraqi Air Force:

Iraqi%20Huey%20II.JPG

Argentinian Huey II:

Phillipine Air Force:

In-Flight%20town%202.JPG

Kazakhastan Huey II:

TH-1H%20Left%20side.JPG

looking%20down.JPG

Interesting post. I'm assigned to the Kern County Sheriff's Dept. air unit and no one has posted a picture of our helicopter until now. Very cool!! In case no one has noticed, our helicopter and the last two photos of the USAF's Huey II have a 212 nose instead of the original Huey nose.

Edited by sting

If anyone is interested in building the Huey II, Panda (now Dragon) makes the 1/35 UH-1N. There is an option to build a single engine Huey in the kit. I scratch built the aftermarket particle separator filters, skid cross tubes, Goodrich rescue hoist and skid steps.

DSCN00321.jpg

If anyone is interested in building the Huey II, Panda (now Dragon) makes the 1/35 UH-1N. There is an option to build a single engine Huey in the kit. I scratch built the aftermarket particle separator filters, skid cross tubes, Goodrich rescue hoist and skid steps.

DSCN00321.jpg

String,

Great job on the Huey II. I think that may be the first Huey II I've seen built up. Hopefully it won't be the last. Thanks for sharing. Just to make you feel more welcome, here a bit of love for your beautiful Huey II. These pics were taken (or at least given to me by) Mac McMillan, chief maintenance pilot with Bell Ozark. Chances are he flew your bird on some of her shakedown flights.

Ray

Edited%252520Kern%2525203.JPG

kern%252520county%252520001.jpg

kern%252520county%252520002.jpg

kern%252520county%252520004.jpg