Wolfpack Designs Hornet Flaps & Wingfolds

Came across these at Lucky Model and was wondering about the flaps for the Hase Super Bugs and wingfolds for the new Academy Bugs. Looks like a simple drop fit replacement, but was wondering if anyone had seen these up close. Also, Lucky Model is a trusted retailer, right? Thanks for any help and opinions!

-Shawn

Not familiar with Wolfpack's flaps and wingfolds for the superbug, but Lucky Model rocks, they have awesome prices, free shipping for a lot of stuff and sometimes gets to New York faster than a package from, say...California.

Wolfpack stuff is nice, fully formed and clean. Most of what I used from them had a good fit except some minor shrinkage on one or two occasions.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Emil

Edited by Hawkins

I've got the wing folds for the hasegawa rhinos and the dropped flap set for the academy legacy bug. I havent used either set yet but both look good. They are basicaly resin wing sets in either the flap down or wing folded position. I know i heard of earlier problems with shrinkage but test fittings of my sets looked pretty good.

I used this set on an Academy Hornet, and was not pleased. It suffers from shrinkage, which certainly affects the idea of "drop-in fit". Also, there was quite a bit of warpage. Straightening this out is not all that easy since the real wings have a kind of twist, so you are trying to straighten one warp while trying to conserve or create another warp. Even after I got this mostly fixed, the original (wrong) warp rematerialized after the kit was mostly done. This was a major reason, that kit was never finished. I'd have to strip the whole camo paint job (NSAWC) and the decals. Years ago, I had very little trouble dropping the flaps and folding the wings of a 72nd scale Hasegawa Hornet. This is what I will do to the 72nd scale Hornets I have in the stash (3 Hase SuperBugs and 4 Academy Bugs). As you can tell, I'm not a fan. As for detail, you can tell it's pretty much made straight off the Academy plastic, so the detail is the same.

Mike Todd

Shawn--Lucky Model is indeed a trusted retailer. Just remember that only items marked "in stock" with a green circle are in stock; those marked "available" with a blue square are NOT currently in stock, and may take months to get to you.

Came across these at Lucky Model and was wondering about the flaps for the Hase Super Bugs and wingfolds for the new Academy Bugs. Looks like a simple drop fit replacement, but was wondering if anyone had seen these up close. Also, Lucky Model is a trusted retailer, right? Thanks for any help and opinions!

-Shawn

I have the folding wing set for Academy F/A-18C 1/72 and though I haven't used it yet I test fitted it and everything looked OK. There might be some 1 mm. less in the ailerons length compared to the Academy but this shouldn't be real problem since this is the folding wing set and the ailerons stand vertical and don't have to be aligned with the flaps.