BAD TRADER ALERT: Pat "Charlie" Anderson of Watertown WI

I have waited (somewhat) patiently through weeks of unresponsiveness, three promised (and missed) shipping dates, and a litany of lame excuses and apologies. If any of you are waiting for something from this person and need contact information, let me know. If I ever get what I paid for, I will note as such on this posting. Until them I am pressing on with filing a small claims complaint. Exhibits described below are not provided – I just structured the posting this way to save myself some time in filling out the complaint form.

If you want more information, email me. In the meantime, I would recommend avoiding this “seller†like the plague. Feel free to cross-post this at any modeling sites that I miss.

Plaintiff: Glen Senkowski [street address], Harvard MA

Defendant: Pat Anderson, [street address], Watertown WI

User name on Large Scale Planes website: “life long modeler†(LLM)

Alias: Charlie

Email address used to receive Paypal payment and for all internet correspondence concerning this matter: paageazer@gmail.com

Complaint: Plaintiff paid $115.00 for a 1/24 scale Vintage Fighter Series P-47 model kit with seatbelts and Waldron placards on Oct 15 2009. As of Nov 24 2009, plaintiff has not received items.

Timeline:

o/a Sep 15 – Defendant posts kits for sale on Large Scale Planes (LSP); listing is subsequently removed sometime before Nov 24

Oct 15 – Plaintiff and defendant negotiate a final selling price; plaintiff sends payment via Paypal; receives a response from defendant in part: “I will get it packed up and out no later than Monday†(Exhibit A)

Nov 3 – Plaintiff sends an email requesting status; no response (Exhibit B)

Nov 5 – Plaintiff posts question on Large Scale Planes (LSP) forum asking if anyone has received their items from LLM; another forum member responds that LLM has a reputation for not delivering items paid for in a timely manner (Exhibit C)

Nov 5 – Defendant sends a succinct response to plaintiff’s Nov 3 email: “it will go out tomorrow†(Exhibit D)

Nov 17 – Plaintiff sends a “FINAL NOTICE†email and PM stating that he will begin posting bad trader alerts and initiating small claims proceedings if he doesn’t receive either a refund or the paid for item by Nov 22 (Exhibit E)

Nov 18 – Defendant sends email reply: “glen sorry for the delay please forgive me it has been in the car and I have not been able to drive and so absent minded me has been forgetting to get my wife to mail it I will send shipping info tomorrow†(Exhibit F)

Nov 18 – Defendant sends second email: “glen I just checked the box and paypal info I have no address for you I can't beleive I have been this stupid please get that to me†[note: this is the first time defendant mentions that he doesn’t have plaintiff’s shipping address. What was his plan for sending the package as noted Oct 15 and Nov 5?] (Exhibit G)

Nov 18 – Plaintiff replies to email with shipping address (Exhibit H)

Nov 22 – Plaintiff sends an email asking if it was shipped (Exhibit I)

Nov 22 – Defendant posts PM on LSP: “I need your address please send it to paageazer@gmail.com I included some scribing templates and a specialty tool I no longer used . to roll P.E and bend P E†(Exhibit J)

Nov 23 – Defendant sends email: “I have asked for your address repeatedly how can I ship with no address please forward it to me aspa†(Exhibit K)

Nov 23 – Plaintiff sends mailing address from home email, work email and as a reply to PM. Work email and PM both with read receipts. So far neither has been opened

Nov 23 – Plaintiff sends email asking defendant to acknowledge receipt of mailing address

Nov 24 – Defendant has still not opened email or PM with receipt, nor has he responded to my Nov 23 email asking him to acknowledge receipt of the address he requested

• 2 weeks later...
While I sympathize with you for your trouble, I can't for the life of me figure out why this dispute deserved TWO threads, containing the same information?

I guess it doesn't in your mind. But maybe in a few months when this mook resurfaces and you think you might want to buy something from him, you may remember his name a little better this way.

I also plan to periodically repost until I have gotten $115 worth of payback by dragging his name and lack of integrity through the virtual mud.

Cheers!