My newest project!!!

Now that I have a few days off from work, I thought that I would start on this. Both, my dad and step dad, are truck drivers. So I thought that it's about time I build one of these. This is the Revell 1/25 Peterbuilt 359 Conventional.

This is what I have done so far:

Engine glued and dry-fitted.

231.jpg

232.jpg

Engine painted mythical maroon.

233.jpg

236-1.jpg

Chassis is painted.

238.jpg

240.jpg

I also decided to paint the wheels gloss black. I'm not too fond of a lot of chrome.

252-1.jpg

Edited by caudleryan

I also made a start on the body. I'm going to paint it in a two-tone paint scheme. Mythical Maroon on top and Blazing

Black on bottom. I'm using Model Master laquer one coat paints. It was a royal pain it the rear to mask. I made a few mistakes while painting and managed to get bleed through in a few spots. I also made the mistake of using a sharpie

to mark off the seperation line. Big mistake! I had to wet sand the sharpie marks off and start over. Well, enough of this, on to the pics!

244.jpg

245.jpg

246.jpg

249-1.jpg

Here is another pic of the rims to try to show better the color that I used.

254-1.jpg

That's it for now. I'll try to update some more later on tonight.

RYAN.

Edited by caudleryan
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey fellas. I'm still working on this one. I had a minor setback and had to sacrifice a part to the modelling gods. I just

have recieved the new part (thanks Revell!) and will start back on it tomarrow. It's been a very hectic week at Hyundai.

We're gearing up for the 2011 Sonata and also gearing up to start production on some Kias too.

Cheers,

RYAN.

• 4 months later...

Howdy! It's been a while since I have updated this thread. I made some more progress on the Peterbilt. I have decided to paint it just one color. You might be suprised at what color I'm going to paint it. I'll have some pics up shortly.

RYAN.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I guess I have to ask this question to answer yours if that makes any sense. How many trucks do you see on the road with two-tone paint jobs? The trucks I see usually have either red and white or blue and white paint jobs.

I just wanted to model something other than the "usual". To tell the truth, I kinda liked it, too, but it was just too

hard to get a good, even line all of the way around with no bleed through.

RYAN.

Some slightly bad news. Work on this one has come to a dead stop because my girlfriend decided to redecorate MY

room. I can't even fart in there without knocking something over. I'll pick up on it again in a few days after I kill my girlfriend! :woot.gif:

RYAN.

• 3 weeks later...

I made some more progress on the "Pete". It's starting to look like a truck, now.

The fuel tanks were a pain in the rear to get a seemless finish. I tried a new matallic paint on them and I think they look good enough.

010-4.jpg

015-6.jpg

011-1.jpg

I attached the grill, headlights, and turn signals.

006-4.jpg

Air filter installed.

008-3.jpg

Horns and lights installed.

007-3.jpg

I also used the matallic spray paint to paint the exausts. I also drilled them out.

004-4.jpg

This is where the model is at as of today.

002-3.jpg

More to come later on in the week.

RYAN.

Well, I am extremely pleased to say that this model is finished! It is my first completed model since I started this hobby.

I may have very well broken the modeller's curse of not finishing anything. :jaw-dropping: I'll get some pics of the finished model shortly.

RYAN.