I've seen pix of Kfirs with what seems to be a lazer spot tracker under the nose. It seems that it's only carried when they're hauling LGB's. Mostly, the pix I've seen have been from the side so I can't tell if it's on center or slightly offset. Also, It looks alot like the pave pod on the A-10. Any help would be appreciated! :crying2:

TIA

Matt

Edited by MattP

I'm pretty sure it is the Pave Penny pod from the A-10 (and like used on the USAF A-7D) and I think it is on the center-line of that bulge underneath the nose of the KFIR. Not positive on that though. Not near my references at the present to check that.

The Israelies have also used the Pave Penny on an intake mount on their F-16's also.

The Israelies have also used the Pave Penny on an intake mount on their F-16's also.

For those who build in 1/722nd, Hasegawa's HTS pod in their "Block 50" F-16CJ kits is woefully undersized for what it represents, but is spot on for a Pave Penny as mounted on Israeli F-16s. Cut it off from its hardpoint and it will look good on your Kfir.

HTH,

Andre

Gentlemen, I thank you all for your expertise in this matter. Now, do the Kfir C7's only fly with the pods & LGB's, or are they (the pave pods) mounted regardless of the load-out. I can only reason that they wouldn't carry gear that wasn't absolutely necessary for the mission at hand. All you help is appreciated. :worship:

TIA

Matt

Gentlemen, I thank you all for your expertise in this matter. Now, do the Kfir C7's only fly with the pods & LGB's, or are they (the pave pods) mounted regardless of the load-out. I can only reason that they wouldn't carry gear that wasn't absolutely necessary for the mission at hand. All you help is appreciated. :bandhead2:

I think that the Pave Penny is almost exclusively mounted when the Kfir was carrying LGB's. I could check the Isra book back home after work, if you'd like.

Cheers,

Andre

Which book is that, I thought I had all the Kfir books, but I don't recognize that image

Hi, It's Isradecals Aircraft in detal #3

IAI Kfir in IAF Service.

I'm using it as my main reference on my C2-build

Avalible online from Isra:

http://www.isradecal.com/?storeid=110&...cts&id=3954

/Bosse

Edited by Marlin
Now, do the Kfir C7's only fly with the pods & LGB's, or are they (the pave pods) mounted regardless of the load-out. I can only reason that they wouldn't carry gear that wasn't absolutely necessary for the mission at hand. All you help is appreciated.
Matt - I think you are right. Based on the Isra books, I noticed that all the of the pics of the C7 only have the pave penny pod when LGBs are mounted. Another thing I noticed is that the C7 is the only variant that can carry the pave penny pod and LGBs. C1s and C2s seem to carry "dumb bombs" and such.
Perfect - the book looks excellent. That has to be one of my all time favorite machines!
Fuji, It's a great source of reference. A 'must' if you want to build one, because it has 3-view line drawings in 1/48. I also have the older Isra Book, which has pics that are not in the newer book. Both books compliment each other.

:monkeydance:

Matt - I think you are right. Based on the Isra books, I noticed that all the of the pics of the C7 only have the pave penny pod when LGBs are mounted. Another thing I noticed is that the C7 is the only variant that can carry the pave penny pod and LGBs. C1s and C2s seem to carry "dumb bombs" and such.

Fuji, It's a great source of reference. A 'must' if you want to build one, because it has 3-view line drawings in 1/48. I also have the older Isra Book, which has pics that are not in the newer book. Both books compliment each other.

:monkeydance:

Thanks Cy

Note that the C7 uses a different pylon for LGBs than the for Dumb bombs

Once again I thank you guys for your input! I've had this Kfir kit put aside for at LEAST 2 years and was "cleaning out" my 'stash' when I opened the box and got bitten by the C7 bug again. Now I'm deconstructing it to get all the do-dads that have come out since I started this...

Improvise, adapt and overcome! :rofl:

Thanks again!

Matt