Wanted: 1/48 Revell UH-34D or UH-34G Choctaw Kit

I saw one on Ebay over the weekend. I don't know if it is still there, but prepare to pay a pretty penny for that kit, especially if on an auction. Good luck.

Hmm..Interesting. I checked using keywords like "revell sikorsky" or "1/48 sikorsky" and nothing come up. May be the auction is over. Oh well, I'm sure some one will post another one in the near future. Thanks for the tip anyway.

The last one I saw on ebay went for $172. The one before that, $150 something. I've taken to watching these just to see how high they will go.

Good luck in your quest.

Don :worship:

I got a 1/48 Revell UH-34D and a Cutting Edge detail set for this kit for a total of $160, from a member of the hyperscale forum. I knew this kit is very pricey but I need it to complete a build collection. With this kind of price and popularity, I'm supprised Revell and someone else haven't started making a new & better mold to crank these kits out.

I got a 1/48 Revell UH-34D and a Cutting Edge detail set for this kit for a total of $160, from a member of the hyperscale forum. I knew this kit is very pricey but I need it to complete a build collection. With this kind of price and popularity, I'm supprised Revell and someone else haven't started making a new & better mold to crank these kits out.

I do believe the mold has been damaged or destroyed, hence no re-release in 48th.

I do believe the mold has been damaged or destroyed, hence no re-release in 48th.

I know the mold got damaged. With the price and popularity of this 1/48 scale version of UH-34, you'd think some company would decide to create a new & better mold to produce them. I don't know how much such a mold cost, but I read somewhere a few years ago that there's a stereolithograph technology out there that could literally create exact 3D plastic parts from computer math. I think one could create say a virtual UH-34 using CAD software, then create it using this stereolithography equipment. Sorry if my thinking here seems delusional to you.

The popularity of this kit has a very narrow field. If there was a new tooled kit available at current market price, oh..say 75.00, it wouldn't be so popular. It's current popularity exists because it's so hard to find. I have a few (three) in my stash and sold one about a month ago for 289.00. Not planning on selling anymore. Just waiting for the right time to build them.

S/F

Dan