Hasegawa's new Raptor

Just remember Revell Germany is not Revell USA. The list is Revell Germany's 2010 releases

True but when has Revell USA released a new tooled aircraft kit?????????

IMHO Revell USA's days as a kit maker are long gone

Edited by a4s4eva
True but when has Revell USA released a new tooled aircraft kit?????????

IMHO Revell USA's days as a kit maker are long gone

Spirit of St Louis might have been the last "new tool" aircraft From Revell USA, I think the F-86D was the last "new" military aircraft.

But, in the last 10-15 years we also saw:

F-84E/G

JU-52

P-47N

Curtiss Helldiver

PBY

HE-111

A-26

The drive behind RMX was Ed Sexton and he works for Academy now (the F-22 was his baby as I understand it). As for Revell USA's last kit, it was the F-18E and F model Superbugs, issued about five years ago (Ed's last project before he left). I'm not saying that they won't tool up any new offerings, but it will probably be awhile and even then the releases will be few and far between. They are still doing retools on some bits though, as well as offering new releases in their car kit line, since those are the bigger sellers for them right now. Of course, they still have quite an extensive plastic kit catalog of tooling to choose from and they could stay in business for another ten years just reissuing kits that haven't been around since their first runs.

Happy New Year!

I am Keumho Kim of Hobbydecal.

I posted this wishing comments at other topic but I note again.

As you know, a major aero model manufacturer, Hasegawa has developed 1/48th F-22A Raptor.

Recently Hobbydecal and some researchers have started to help in researching F-22A decal for Hasegawa.

All data stencils on Aircraft and Missiles have been collected.

The remained problem is to get the recent crew names information of each FW and FS.

For the perfection of decal, we need the recent information for the Serial numbers with crew and maintenancer names.

I am sure the commander's jet information of each FW and FS is the best.

The best way is to send us the photos of recent(2010 version will surely be the best) versions of these.

Our main email is help@hobbydecal.com.

Let's help and meet the recent 1/48th Raptor in February. :wacko:

Thank you

Keumho Kim

• 4 weeks later...

Forgive me for violating "Though shalt not question PE regardless of how ridiculous", but do we have a thickness yet on the PE sheet? It could easily be scale too thin. I am supposing you have to graft the door frame/structure/actuators on the PE for it to look right.

• 4 weeks later...

So back to the kit, no one here has actually bought one? I know it's nasty pink plastic and has those silly anime decals, but I find it difficult to believe that there isn't one person here who doesn't have must-have-it-firstitis and picked one up just to see how it is. Ashamed to show it? Paint it first or hit the sprues with some spray primer.

I've got the "pink issue" (which I picked up while in Japan for a lot less than the UK price).Apologies for the bad pics but here is a side by side with the Academy Raptor

Raptor3.jpg

A close up of the surface detail

Raptor1.jpg

A nose to nose comparison

Raptor4.jpg

Stephen

hehe, there were some pictures out there. What part do you want to see specifically?

Seen a couple of pics of the sprues here and there. I'd really like to see some in-progress pics with things like the built up cockpit, weapons bay, exhausts, etc. Someone's got to be building one somewhere.

I've got the "pink issue" (which I picked up while in Japan for a lot less than the UK price).Apologies for the bad pics but here is a side by side with the Academy Raptor

A close up of the surface detail

Raptor1.jpg

Stephen

Careful, don't cut yourself on that surface detail.

Instead of going totally realistic and having everything raised and recessed it should have been engraved panel lines. The surface of the aircraft is pretty smooth. If this thing was real it would need afterburner to taxi for all the drag. Don't plan on building this one, what a shame.

Randy