A couple of 48th Eagles (shocking I know)

Thanks a lot Ken, that's what I needed to know.

It will be from Klamath Falls.

I actually want to do a current F-15D.

I was over at Kingsley working a while ago, and was checking a couple of them out.

They looked to be in the MOD Eagle schemes as you stated.

Thanks again for the information.

Looking forward to following your progress on those Eagles.

Pete

you're welcome Pete - their Eagles are sharp looking. Look forward to your Eagle too

Pete I am a CC @ Kingsley on 78-563 and all of our A/C are MOD Eagle Paint. Even our A model on the Stand at the Gate. Which A/C are you building i have some pics of 82-046, 78-572, 78,569 there are some good ones of 79-011 on the net.

• 3 weeks later...
Both Eagles are looking great Ken! How is the fit on these Academy Eagles and does the Massachusetts one comes with all the MSIP bumps and antennas?

Thanks Richard

The Academy Eagles have their tough spots like the forward and rear fuselage attachment area, the intakes and the split halves of the forward fuselage that includes the radome. You have to be careful with that because it causes a seam down the nose of the radome

I added the updated antennas the the 104th one - the bumps on the top and bottom forward fuselage just behind the radome, and it has bullet-style fairings on both tail booms - like an F-15E

Ken,

What do you use to dull (flat / ungloss) down the paint and how do you apply that? I have been using the Testors dullcoat rattle can and am not happy with the results. Yours looks spectacular.

Mark

Thanks for the information Ken.

Richard - you're welcome

Looking good Ken :cheers:

thanks Wayne

Looking great, love your display methods!

thanks Ric - KIMO's plane will be on the ground, rare for me. It will have a simulated tarmac, some homemade chocks (first time making them), patch and plaque.

Ken,

What do you use to dull (flat / ungloss) down the paint and how do you apply that? I have been using the Testors dullcoat rattle can and am not happy with the results. Yours looks spectacular.

Mark

thanks Mark - I used Tamiya flat rattle can spray - a bit pricey, but does a great job very quickly.

Wish someone would do those Barnes markings on a regular sheet!!!

Been wanting to build one ever since i first saw Ken's pics of the new markings....sadly i don't have the equipment to print my own.

Gary

Gary, I have not been able to get close up shots of all the markings and most of the names that would be suitable for a decal maker.

That Eagle looks Fantastic, Ken ! ;)

A real Beauty ... :wub:

Merry Christmas to you and yours ... ;)

Gregg

thanks Gregg! Merry Christmas to you and your family

Great work once again Ken!! :cop:

thanks Tilt!

How in Hades half acre did I miss these....OUTSTANDING!!!! ken...simply Oustanding.. :thumbsup: .

thanks Clif!

Very nice models Ken.

Being an East Anglian, though, I did naturally think the title meant you'd done a pair of Liberty Wing birds :sunrevolves:

People from East Anglian don't read sub titles? :D

I might have something instore soon Mike, so keep an Eye out mate :pray:

Looky good bud, Are you attaching it to the base?

thanks Wayne, I put some small paperclip pins into the main wheels, and drilled holes into the tarmac and base. So I can simply place it on there, and it can be removed for transport, etc

Very nice models Ken.

Being an East Anglian, though, I did naturally think the title meant you'd done a pair of Liberty Wing birds :doh:

thanks Mike - B) I knew I meant to put different markings on them :whistle:

Perhaps someday

People from East Anglian don't read sub titles? :P

I exepect most do, but this one didn't this time.

I might have something instore soon Mike, so keep an Eye out mate :thumbsup:

I'll wait with anticipation. :beer4:

(Incidentally, for those wondering where East Anglia is, it's the bulgy bit of England to the north-east of London - quite flat, huge skies, ideal for air bases, of which there were a huge number, particularly in WWII. As my sig says, "Mighty Eighth" country, and lots of RAF too.)