Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Wing Nuts planes...they look great, but are they worth the cost? I'd like to add one to my collection, but I'm not sure how they compare to other 1/32 WWI kits. In fact, I've only done 1 WW! plane (Dragon Spad XIII)...so any advice on what the good kits are would be appreciated. Thanks!

Personally, I think by a wide margin they are the best WWI kits on the market. I have had the Roden and Encore kits,which are good kits, and the Wingnuts kits just blow them away. Virtually Tamiya quality and detail, with great instructions, decals and finishing guide thats like a small histroy book on the particular subject. There are some nice builds both on ARC and Hyperscale of the LVG, which seems to be the kit most built. For the price including shipping, they are a value. Can't wait for their Albatros DV and Fokker DVII

Not only are they the best WWI kits around, I think they are some of the best kits period, any scale, any era. I built the LVG and am working on the Se5a. Fit excellent, marking selection is great, the decals went on easily. Also, very little detail is left to photo etch, so small parts are three dimensional.

Even though I build 1/48th, I could not resist these. They are the only reason I stepped out on my favorite scale. I can't wait for their next releases, especially the Pup.

Tim Pivonka

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Wing Nuts planes...they look great, but are they worth the cost? I'd like to add one to my collection, but I'm not sure how they compare to other 1/32 WWI kits. In fact, I've only done 1 WW! plane (Dragon Spad XIII)...so any advice on what the good kits are would be appreciated. Thanks!

Seen these kits built up and they look fantastic when done well.

Perhaps the only down-side with them is the tax they seem to attract. They're only available direct from the manufacturer in New Zealand and depending on where you're importing them to the import duty can be a nasty surprise.

Regards,

Nick

BRILLIANT! I've got the 4 of them (sofar) and, as Tim Pivonka said, are without doubt in the running for best kits FULL STOP. My old man has built the Junkers J1 and reckons it's the most enjoyable and care free build of any subject he's done in his 40 years of modeling.

Buy one (at least) you will not be dissapointed. I can't speak highly enough about these kits, and i want to see Wingnut wings around for a long time!

I can't wait for their next releases! BRING ON THE GOTHA!!!

Denzil