Unpacking the Trumpeter Tomcat

Well, of course only the absolute BEST pilots were able to get into Tomcats back in the day. A few of those who were turned away at the door ended up in the Air Force, with Raptors as a consolation prize, so it's perfectly understandable that they're still a little bitter and looking to get digs in wherever and whenever they can... :P

I'm Tomcat sensitive. I miss them so greatly. It brings a tear to my eye every time I think of how full my Top Gun log was after fighting them. How many gunshots I was able to log...how many succesful kills against poor, hapless, slow, ugly, smoky, big-honking-drag-inducing-swing-wing-dirty-hapless-hopeless-hydro-leaking-no-turning-two-blind-badger-homo-*****-AB-blowout-air-to-air-wannabe-Tomgrapes I used to be able to get.

Now...*sigh*....all gone.

Fortunately, we still have the Fighting Falcon, the world's most plentiful Eagle/Raptor Training Aid.

I'm Tomcat sensitive. I miss them so greatly. It brings a tear to my eye every time I think of how full my Top Gun log was after fighting them. How many gunshots I was able to log...how many succesful kills against poor, hapless, slow, ugly, smoky, big-honking-drag-inducing-swing-wing-dirty-hapless-hopeless-hydro-leaking-no-turning-two-blind-badger-homo-*****-AB-blowout-air-to-air-wannabe-Tomgrapes I used to be able to get.

Fortunately, we still have the Fighting Falcon, the world's most plentiful Eagle/Raptor Training Aid.

Ouch :) !!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:...

Geez, Waco, don't hold back next time ... :thumbsup:

Gregg

Dang-it!!! STOP posting photos!! You're going to make me want to go get one!! lol

It's bad enough that I'm all gunned up to build a ton of models after taking a break - but with all the new plastic I'm discovering.....eeeeshhh!! =P

This kit looks great!!

Tilt, YOU are going to go BROKE! :tumble:

I like pics. Pics are good. Pics make Animal very happy. Animal going to go buy Trumpy F-14D...Animal sad now...not enough money. :whistle:

Edited by The_Animal

I was in VF-41 back in 1983-85 before I became an AW and flew in S-3's. This is a great looking kit! I could give a rat's arse about a little curve here, or a missing rivet there. I'll fix it, or wait for Mr Wilson to come up with something like he did with the A-7, and SU-27. I all ready have the Trumeter 1/32 scale Superbug and it's AWESOME! This is next on my list only because my local hobby shop had the "Bug" first.

I'll probably scratch-build the main struts like I did on the Tamiya kit. When I picked the model up, the mains extended weight-off-wheeles. Drove my fellow members in IPMS Jax wild. :lol:

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/T...ent=Tomcat1.jpg

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/T...ent=Tomcat2.jpg

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/T...ent=Tomcat3.jpg

Sorry, never took pics of them extended. :cheers:

Oh yeah, while I was a Black Ace, I built this copy of the Tamiya kit before leaving the squadron...

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/T...ent=Tomcat5.jpg

Tracy

Edited by Vidar_710