That's going to be very cool, Paul ! :thumbsup:

We don't see enough Red Arrows artwork, now that I think about it ...

Gregg

i'm hunting for a decent portrait of their first female member " kirsty moore " she is training at the moment and is in the 2010 team

once i find a suitable shot of her and a decent shot of the reds it is a large painting in the pipeline !!

Looking Good, Paul !

I'm sure there will be plenty of photos of Kristy available soon enough ...

Maybe check the Red's website in the mean time ?

Gregg

got quite a few , but none i realy like where she looks relaxed infront of the camera

she looks like she's not comfortable having her photo taken ( better get used to that then ) her latest publicity shots although good quality have no relaxed poses !!

Looking really good, Paul, that red is starting to make it 'POP' !

Gregg

yeah practicing some techniques given by aviation artists on ehangar to forward my techniques although i need to hone them more they seem to improve my work

also been invited to my local group of aviation artists think it is part of or helps towards the guild of aviation artists so should be cool !!

calling this one finnished as it was only a small practice piece used more as a single colour tone , shade , and colours excercise

i also need to improve my lettering skills

although to be fair the cavas was only 12'' x 8''

redarrow003.jpg

calling this one finnished as it was only a small practice piece used more as a single colour tone , shade , and colours excercise

i also need to improve my lettering skills

although to be fair the cavas was only 12'' x 8''

redarrow003.jpg

Hey Paul,

BRILLIANT...!! Love th small touched n the back ground and on the ground..Nice !!!

your techniques will change and get better as you do more subjects and this ONE is very GOOD!

HOLMES...

p.s Maybe a rendition of ILKLEY MOOR B'TAT{!!!} in Oils might be fun too... Teasing you as I went by the area today !!!! :jaw-dropping::wave:

Very nice!!

Best bet for lettering is using a long liner brush, with the oils/acrylics thinned down very liquid like in consistency. After you have a rough in of letters, use the outside color, like on the plane here, that red. Then go back and forth with the letters then the red and clean the edges. Lettering never happens on only one shot.

Very nice!!

Best bet for lettering is using a long liner brush, with the oils/acrylics thinned down very liquid like in consistency. After you have a rough in of letters, use the outside color, like on the plane here, that red. Then go back and forth with the letters then the red and clean the edges. Lettering never happens on only one shot.

yeah trying it that way darrell although i usualy steer clear of it i am trying to get it right now have to confess it is better than usual on this one so i'm probably heading in the right direction

i'm practicing a lot on small canvasses with the idea being it should improve my skills when working on larger canvasses in oils !!

yeah trying it that way darrell although i usualy steer clear of it i am trying to get it right now have to confess it is better than usual on this one so i'm probably heading in the right direction

i'm practicing a lot on small canvasses with the idea being it should improve my skills when working on larger canvasses in oils !!

Yeah, you have to go back and forth with the lettering color and the outside color. It takes a lot of time waiting for it to dry, but the end result is really worth it. I should also mention that I hate lettering with a passion hahaha

Once you go to a bigger canvas, you'll never look back. It's a catch-22 in a way. Bigger canvas = more detail required (much much more if it's huge), so that takes more time. On the other hand, the detail is more pronounced and a little easier to achieve. But then it goes back to requiring more. It keeps flipping back and forth. If it was easy, more people would do it though lol

What's on your easel next?

guess so darrel for practice and something difrent i did a small kingfisher stood on a branch last night

more for something difrent and to practice using a limmited begginers pallate as i got a good quality W&N begginers set off ebay localy ( so worked out cheap

i am also going to be practicing some portraiture as a girl near me has asked me to paint her portrait i will work by photographing what i want first and working off that

but if she's o.k. will probably ask if she wants to life model !!

frightening thing is holmsey ilkley moor isn't that far away from me ( although i am in gods county lacashire we're the ones with a rose as an emblem and not a cabbage !!! )

What ?ARE WE gonna have the WARS OF THE ROSES here..and you KNOW WHO is in GODS OWN COUNTY... Erm you forgot the "N " or is the way you write is how it is said ...LOLOLOL!!!

Listen its time you went up to the WHITE ROSE County and painted some beautiful Hills ..... :wave:

Joking apart the Painting does look GOOD even if I say it again !!!

HOLMES{EY} :thumbsup:

Edited by HOLMES
What ?ARE WE gonna have the WARS OF THE ROSES here..and you KNOW WHO is in GODS OWN COUNTY... Erm you forgot the "N " or is the way you write is how it is said ...LOLOLOL!!!

Listen its time you went up to the WHITE ROSE County and painted some beautiful Hills ..... :taunt:

Joking apart the Painting does look GOOD even if I say it again !!!

HOLMES{EY} :yahoo:

sorry about the n holmesey !! yorkshire is just as lovely i venture in on undercover raids occasionaly to pilfer some of your real ales , cheeses , yorkshire chippys , and astounding scenery

although the war of the roses continues ~( even if it is only friendly rivalry nowadays )

i was at the civil war celebrations at a traditional old english tavern only a month ago !!