AMT/ERTL Klingon Bird of Prey and Enterprise kits.

WOW that sucks! I think we have other Aztec sets available though, but I'm not sure. You could.... gasp....... mask and paint the pattern!

Here is one I started 3 years ago. Sadly it didn't make the trip from Abilene Texas to Oakland California very well. I haven't had the heart to pull it out of the box and "try" to fix it.

newpanels3.jpg

DVC00372.jpg

My own Aztec pattern painted on.

firsttwoblues2.jpg

Here you can see the silly panel lines!!!

DVC00369.jpg

firsttwoblues3.jpg

This kinda demonstrates the drastic difference lighting makes in the colors. That's why the ship doesn't look like it has blues but grays.

DVC00370.jpg

DVC00371.jpg

RIP cool Enterprise model. Sorry I never got to finish you :shoot:

Curt

Actually, your model looks very nice. It appears to be the one I referred to that has the aztec pattern already moulded into the plastic. From all of the photographs I've seen of the actual filming model, (and they're all over the place), I think the colors on the "A" have a bluish tinge to them and the original refit has a gray and green combination. I've decided to use the decals from Acreation Models because they're much more subtle than actually painting the patterns on. I would like to attempt to paint the 1/350. I have 2 of those. One original, and a Round 2 kit. With the 30 year old 1/537, I'm ordering another set of the green decals from Rob at Acreation. I sent him an email yesterday and he had some suggestions that I'm going to try. I think you should push ahead with yours. But, might I suggest going back to the drawing board? I've seen some people fill all of those aztec lines and just keep the larger panel lines and they've had great sucess. These kits are not easy to build by any means. The one I have has only thirty parts but was a bear to get straight. I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise that I'm having a hard time with the finishing details. Good luck with yours

Paul

Curt, your Aztec PAINTING is excellent. I like it better then the decals I used. Nothing wrong with the decals , in fact they are very nice and make the job 1000 times easier.DSC_0395.jpg

Is that the 1/350 kit? Did you have to do anything to the decals to get them to set correctly? The model looks amazing.

Paul :rolleyes:

See, now after looking at the pictures of the Polar Lights Enterprise I want one of those large Enterprise kits! Sadly, just a bit too steep in price for me right now.

Cheers!