Dear guys,

Today i buyed another century fighter, in my modest opinion, the most beautiful fighters ever produced!!!

After my F106 Delta Dart by Revell/Monogram, i buy a F101 Voodoo. But i have one doubt: what should i use to substitute the original exhaust nozzles?

Guys i need some tips here...with sites too...

Thanks a lot,

Marcelo

Marcelo,

If it's the Revellogram 48th scale Voodoo, the detail is amazing, but the fit is not

The intakes require a lot of work. The tailpipes are actually pretty decent.

With some work, it'll turn out nice :cop:

Cheers, Ian

Hi Marcelo, I've got one in progress right now. It's a great kit, with just a couple of warts. Nothing a little time and elbow grease can't take care of. Except for the cans, there ingenuity and a little thinking out of the box comes in handy. I'm there now and scratching my head.

Have fun with it. It will build up to be a beautiful model.

I've read of at least 3 different posts talking about how bad the cans are. Can someone enlighten me as to the problems involved with the kit cans, as I have one of these in my stash, I'd like to know. Thanks!

I've got one going. So far the biggest struggle I've encountered was with the wing root seams. My kit is one of the first run from back about '85. I bought it then and it been gathering dust for 20 odd years.

My burner cans had horrible missed matched halves, really as if they were two different diameters. This left me with a step along the length of the can. Each half is also slightly longer than it's mating half. So I have length issues as well.

Still not unworkable mind you, but I guess I'm lazy. If I can get replacements I'm all for it. In the mean time I'm going to play around with covering them with foil to see if I can make them presentable.

I've heard the nozzles have some issues as well but I'm not there yet.

Geedog,

My F101 is the reissue from revellogram. Is this the same kit with the same problems??? :lol:

Marcelo :D

I'm pretty sure it is. I think only the decals are changed. Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone?

It really is a fabulously detailed kit, but it needs a little TLC. So don't lament your purchase. You'll enjoy building it!!

• 3 weeks later...

The afterburner cans are workable with a little TLC, others have posted techniques for cleaning them up. I'm with geedog, too lazy to put in the effort if I can get aftermarket replacements. Fortunately, you can build the entire kit saving the cans for last if you don't want the project to get hung up on them. I am building the same kit (I think I have 3 in different boxings but all the same plastic), found most of it a pleasure to build with just a little actual "modeler" work involved.

I heard that Two Mikes were working on some Voodoo cans. I am hodling off on building mine until I hear more. Good kit though. Needs to be rescribed (yet another skill I am yet to master)

We will have the first set, long cans out in February. :thumbsup: