F-104 underwing fuel tanks

Ηello, Ι'm building Hasegawa's TF-104G at 1/48 , and I want to load it with 4 fuel tanks. Hasegawa offers the tip tanks but not the underwing tanks. I'm looking for information(and pictures) about them. As far as I saw they are not exactly the same (e.g. the winglets are symetric) but my most concern is for the refueling caps (where are they ?)

If anyone has a picture (preferably not installed on the wing), it would be a great help. Thank you

Ηello, Ι'm building Hasegawa's TF-104G at 1/48 , and I want to load it with 4 fuel tanks. Hasegawa offers the tip tanks but not the underwing tanks. I'm looking for information(and pictures) about them. As far as I saw they are not exactly the same (e.g. the winglets are symetric) but my most concern is for the refueling caps (where are they ?)

If anyone has a picture (preferably not installed on the wing), it would be a great help. Thank you

AirDoc has a set of Resin underwing external tanks for the F-104, item # ADR 48006. They are very nice and include fins and pylons and are available at Victory Models on page 5.

The underwing tanks were different from the tip tanks. The refueling cap for the underwing tanks was located just forward of the aft vertical fin about mid way to the pylon attachment.

Cheers,

John

I have the new Daco Decals F-104 set, which shows the shape and positioning of the fins and fuel filler caps on the instructions.

If you care to PM me I can send you a scan of the pics. Also, I contacted Hasegawa and purchased two sets of drop tanks from them, which I converted to the underwing type. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

I have the new Daco Decals F-104 set, which shows the shape and positioning of the fins and fuel filler caps on the instructions.

If you care to PM me I can send you a scan of the pics. Also, I contacted Hasegawa and purchased two sets of drop tanks from them, which I converted to the underwing type. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

And just howww..... did you get one of these.............................

Curt

:thumbsup:

He's refering to the new decals, not the Improvement Set ...

Danny

Danny is quite right. I was referring to the new decal sheet, which I would consider an essential purchase if anyone intends on building a German F-104. Quite simply, these decals are absolutely SUPERB!

Regarding the update set according to Daco's website these will be available mid 2010 [ish!] sd we'll just have to be patient! :lol:

Try this site for some really great pics. http://www.916-starfighter.de/main.htm

I'm working on a Monogram kit F-104C and trying to convert it to a G useing the tait from an old Revell kit. I'm thinking of converting the Revell tip tanks for wing tanks. Mabey not perfect , but close enough for me. How many experts out there can there be ? I was origionaly going to build both, but the Revell kit required just too much labor for my taste. Gary

Edited by centaur567