Thanks again Issac,

The wheels were done as follows:

The hubs were painted gloss black then I dry brushed some silver paint onto the raised areas. The tires were painted Testors ''rubber'' and when the paint was dry I gave the wheels a clear gloss coat, I then mixed up some oil paints to a mud/dirt color and brushed the thinned oil paint on the tires and streaked the paint to make it look like the wheels had muddy water on them and had been flung off when the wheels were turning at high speed.

382067369.jpg

Matrixone

Edited by matrixone
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Issac!

The last of the decals are on the model now and I will get pics later today, right now I am painting the spinner and wheels.

I prefer to hand paint the spinner spirals on my models instead of using decals and most of the time it works quite well but today I just can't get it right, I hate having to do touch-ups.

Matrixone

All the decals are now on...this thing is starting to look like a Fw 190 D-9 now!

BTW, the spinner you see in this pic is not the correct one for this kit, by mistake I grabbed the spinner from one of my Dragon kits and painted it...when you are working on many different kits of the same aircraft mix ups are bound to happen.

383198704.jpg

Matrixone

Thanks Mike, the Dora is a very sleek looking aircraft and my favorite. I have never built a gray colored Dora before but even in the drab gray colors it still looks good to me. There will be other gray colored Doras in my future.

Matrixone

• 3 weeks later...

I have started weathering my model, here is what it looks like now. It will get a little more weathering but not much more than what you see here, sometimes less is more.

384276858.jpg

384276839.jpg

I also did some weathering on the landing gear doors of my Fw 190A-10.

384276851.jpg

Matrixone

Thanks Issac.

When maintenance was done on the Fw 190 landing gear the paint around the bolt heads on the landing gear doors was often damaged and late in the war the ground crew did not always have time to repaint the gear doors in the proper colors and instead used red oxide primer to stop any corrosion from forming.

My ''black 2'' may or may not have had the landing gear doors painted this way, the only photograph I have seen of this aircraft only shows the fuselage after a crash landing.

Matrixone

Thanks Matrixone. I ask because one of the marking options included with the Eduard 190F-8 shows the bottom of the elevators painted a red-brown color (gunze H7/7).

Edited by Isaac