New Decals from Wolfpak

Gentlemen:

I am pleased to announce 5 new sheets of decals:

Sheet 72-025: F-4C, Marine A-6A, EA-6A, F-100D of the 510th TFS, EP-3B, a SVNAF F-5 and a USAF F-5C, and an A-37A in pale blue camo.

Sheet 72-026: F-105D, RF-101A, B-52D, C-7B, UH-1B’s of HAL-3, OV-10A of VAL-4, a Navy UH-34, and a Marine TA-4F.

Sheet 72-027: MH-53E, MV-22B, Two AH-1W’s, an EP-3E and an E-6A or B.

Sheet 72-028: O-1E, O-2A, OV-10A of VS-41, OT-37B and a F-16C or D

I have wanted to say thanks to all my customers who have made Wolfpak Decals a success from my start two years ago. The following sheet will be available at no charge with an order of $30.00 or more of decals (shipping NOT included.)

Sheet Wolfpak Thanks 09-12: F-16A 430th TFS, A-7D (Navy style refueling probe) 57th FWW, HH-34J, Desert Camo C-130E of the 435th TAW and a C-130E in the ghost scheme of the 317th TAW.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I’ll have the artwork on the website and the buttons hot this evening.

Mark

Sht72-025.jpg

Sht72-026.jpg

Sht72-027.jpg

Sht72-028.jpg

Sht9-12.jpg

Edited by Mark S.

72-028 has error on it;

The F-16C is from the 150 Fighter Wing - 188 Fighter Squadron, and both 88-0482 and 88-056 are C-model Vipers.

The USAF gave up on the TFS/TFW designation back in 1992

Other than that, I would like to see some of these in 1/48

Edited by Boman
Mark,

WOW, those look great! Any chance they'll get upgraded to a more gentlemanly scale (48th)? I know some of those have no quarter scale counterparts, but most of them do!

Rick

seconded!

Even if it is not my scale, the subject variety is awesome! I like the idea of purchasing one sheet and getting a few different subjects out of it. It allows the builder to avoid buying a whole sheet just for one options. Plus I love seeing Vietnam era decals.

Sheet 72-025: F-4C, Marine A-6A, EA-6A, F-100D of the 510th TFS, EP-3B, a SVNAF F-5 and a USAF F-5C, and an A-37A in pale blue camo.

Thanks for that Mark, I've been looking for a camo Hun without sucess for a long time!!

:thumbsup:

Serelle

Gents:

Glad you like the selection of subjects. All orders to date have been shipped.

Mark

Thanks Mark.

By the way, I've just finished an A-4E with your decals for VA-212 in 1967 cruise and really liked them. Will send some pictures to ARC soon.

Congratulations for your work, the selection of subjets, the quality of the decals and congratulations for not forget 1/72 modelers as most of the decals manufactures seems to do.

Serelle

• 3 weeks later...

Love the sheets Mark. Mine just arrived the other day.

You have a great variety of subjects on your sheets, and it seems that every now and then you have a random *** subject that I have been wanting, but really had no hope for.

I mean, for example, the OT-37B on the FAC sheet. First, only one unit, at one base, had OT-37s for one year. Second, photos of this obscure footnote in Tweet history are hard to come by for the above reasons. Third, there's no kit for a T-37 out there and the best hope is to modify an A-37 kit for a somewhat close match. Fourth, I know the Tweet thing is big here, but really, how many here truly wants to build a T-37 model?

I wish you the best of luck in your future sheets, since I'm sure you'll have more random *** subjects that modelers like me have been wanting for a long time.

Keith

do you mean in your comments that I can build the OT-37B from the A-37 kit,,,,or that I need to convert to a T-37 first?

I have an A-37 for my Trainer collection, but have been looking for a way to work it into the list without having to use an A-37 to fill that spot

it would be great if all I have to do is buy decals and have at it.

Rex

You have a great variety of subjects on your sheets, and it seems that every now and then you have a random *** subject that I have been wanting, but really had no hope for.

I mean, for example, the OT-37B on the FAC sheet. First, only one unit, at one base, had OT-37s for one year. Second, photos of this obscure footnote in Tweet history are hard to come by for the above reasons. Third, there's no kit for a T-37 out there and the best hope is to modify an A-37 kit for a somewhat close match. Fourth, I know the Tweet thing is big here, but really, how many here truly wants to build a T-37 model?

I wish you the best of luck in your future sheets, since I'm sure you'll have more random *** subjects that modelers like me have been wanting for a long time.

Keith

do you mean in your comments that I can build the OT-37B from the A-37 kit,,,,or that I need to convert to a T-37 first?

I have an A-37 for my Trainer collection, but have been looking for a way to work it into the list without having to use an A-37 to fill that spot

Rex

Rex,

The aircraft on the sheet is a T-37, not an A-37. After Shaw retired their O-2s there was year gap before they could get the OV-10s that PACAF was retiring, so they took surplus T-37s, painted them green, added additional radios, and used them in the interim. If you have a T-37 kit, then just put the decals on.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

I think that is what I will do,,,,,,,I was sort of hoping there was a "fat" T-37 to build

the camo should hide some of the lines in the Hasegawa kit I have

after all,,,,,most of the Trainers will be USN, the OT-37 will stand out on that shelf just because it's not so Hi Viz

thanks

Rex

Thanks Keith. Glad you like the sheets. The OT-37 may be a YGTBSM topic but it fits nicely with the other Shaw/21st TASS subjects I've done. Yep, photos aren't easy to come by but that's the challenge. A modeler can do an O-2, OV-10A, OT-37B and OA-10A all with either Shaw or 21st TASS/FS markings.

All right!!!!!

I REALLY like that "Sandy Bay-Bee" F-4C from Cam Rahn Bay :doh:

Gene K

Gene:

I have no clue why you like that aircraft!!! LOL

Nice subjects Mark :D

...can I request some TA-4J and F-16 in aggressor markings that were released in the wrong scale?

Luigi

Pictures?

On the OT-37 you would need to remove the antenna fairing behind the cockpit on the Hasegawa A-37 kit and either replace or thin down the wheels. I'm sure there's more mods but I can't think what they are. Trigger you out there?

Happy New Year,

Mark S.

Edited by Mark S.
Keith

Rex

As Murph said, the OT-37 and T-37 are the same thing, except for the extra radios/comm equip and paint scheme.

For modeling, T-37 builders face the same essential problem faced by 1/72 F-15E builders. While you can modify an existing kit to look the part, there is no real T-37 kit out there, like there is not real 1/72 F-15E kit out there. Your best hope is a Dragonfly masquerading as a Tweet, or a F-15D dressed up as a F-15E. Some kits may be labeled "T-37", but they are really just A-37 kits.

Mark has listed differences and necessary modifications to make an A-37 into a T-37 on his decal sheet. The hardest challenge, I believe would be to create a new cockpit front dash, and modify the engine humps.

Here's a link to a thread about Shaw OT-37s (with pictures) Link

Thanks Keith. Glad you like the sheets. The OT-37 may be a YGTBSM topic but it fits nicely with the other Shaw/21st TASS subjects I've done. Yep, photos aren't easy to come by but that's the challenge. A modeler can do an O-2, OV-10A, OT-37B and OA-10A all with either Shaw or 21st TASS/FS markings.

Hopefully you'll be able to upscale the OV-10 (talk about challenges for a 1/48 kit!), and Tweet markings, so I can have builds in my primary scale as well. And hopefully some pics of the O-2 shown in the above thread will show up so I can add to my City of Sumter collection (A-10, OT-37 and F-16CJ with Sumter art) Based on what I've seen so far, it wouldn't surprise me if you come out with those markings later.

• 2 months later...

Gents:

The limited production Complementary Sheet 09-12 is gone! Thanks for your patronage. I've added a hint or a tease on the website for a subject on my next sheets that should be on sale by the end of March.

Mark S.

Gents:

The limited production Complementary Sheet 09-12 is gone! Thanks for your patronage. I've added a hint or a tease on the website for a subject on my next sheets that should be on sale by the end of March.

Mark S.

VA-34 Blue Blasters?

Stephen