Boeing 747-100 *FINISHED!!!!*

Thank you John and Mike... :)

The first-surface mirror absorbs the brunt of the seamline, which convinces the eyes it's a "whole" object. I have it sitting on the back/center of my desk against the wall and the 747 appears to be floating within an opening in the wall. Think I might leave it here... :)

A couple of the last minute changes that were made involved the three windows at the upper deck and the position of the center split in the rudder; Revell didn't get them right back in 1971. You can see the differences by looking at the last unfinished post.

Take care,

Frank

Thanks Mini, James, Roger, Bear, and Legend.... :wave:

Glad you all liked it; normally I draw out an assembly process before actually starting a step, then refine it once the part/s have been built, which eliminates documenting all the trial & error. Some of the assemblies here are the third or fourth attempts so if someone wants to follow them, they can see how it worked best for me and avoid the T&E delays. That's why I said the BOAC build should move along quicker than this one did.

Here's a couple more pictures I made this morning....

finished10.jpg

finished11.jpg

finished12.jpg

Thanks again and take care,

Frank

Frank,

Those last pictures convinced me I need to build onbe of these dioramas! I have a testors 1/72 scale C-130 that I'd like to put in-flight with the ramp down and a couple of troops in the air behind it starting a HALO jump. My imagination is going a mile a minute thinking about it!

Where do you get the mirror from, are they glass? I have called Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Lowes Hardware and ask for first-surface mirrors, but they don't carry them, please help?

Regards,

Roger

Frank,

Those last pictures convinced me I need to build onbe of these dioramas! I have a testors 1/72 scale C-130 that I'd like to put in-flight with the ramp down and a couple of troops in the air behind it starting a HALO jump. My imagination is going a mile a minute thinking about it!

Where do you get the mirror from, are they glass? I have called Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Lowes Hardware and ask for first-surface mirrors, but they don't carry them, please help?

Regards,

Roger

Thanks Roger,

The C-130 diorama sounds like it would be fantastic, maybe you could do a flat wall-mount with it (without a base board) :D

The mirrors are next to impossible to find in stores and are not glass; the reflective material is embossed on 2mm polystyrene sheet. You can get them through

Flyteline Models, Inc.

All the best and be sure to post pictures in here when you build it!

Take care,

Frank

Edited by oldHooker

Thank you Holmes, Roger, and Lacee... :wave:

This project was a lot of fun to put together!

Roger: Looking forward to seeing your display; if you run into anything, don't hesitate contacting me! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Take care,

Frank

... what's next?

Hi Bear, sorry I missed this the other day...

Next up is a 1/200 Hasegawa B-744 in old KLM colors barely missing the beachgoers at St. Maarten! The plane was started last year (flap & paint job complete), but was put on hold for another project, so I have to finish dressing it up and build the beach.

After that one, it will be on to the opposite side of N7470 which will be an old BOAC bird about to land. :woot.gif:

Take care,

Frank